• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:52:36 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Gp Bikes

Started by Buzzard12, May 17, 2012, 12:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzard12

Seriously guys try it out love this sim most realistic ever seen by human eyes, love it

Buzzard12 GP Bikes Fan!

Stark

June 01, 2012, 10:57:14 PM #1 Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:59:00 PM by Stark
Tried demo today and its really really good. Never played a bike simulator this good before. Developers of SBK and MotoGP has a lot to learn from this, but i have a feeling they dont care too much about realism and playability, its a shame really. 

A question to Piboso, what happend with GP Bikes? There is no download link anymore and it was a long time ago the game got updated. Guess you have a lot of other things to do (KRP), but it would be nice to know because i thought about buying it. Any possibility for a discount for those that already bought KRP?   ;D
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

LIAM-36-AUS

June 02, 2012, 12:52:05 AM #2 Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:54:24 AM by LIAM-36-AUS
how do i download the demo??? there's nothing there  ???        is there any other games PiBoSo  makes??? or is it just GP bikes and KRP ?

here's the link to see what im talking about  http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads   

Stark

Quote from: LIAM-36-AUS on June 02, 2012, 12:52:05 AM
how do i download the demo??? there's nothing there  ???        is there any other games PiBoSo  makes??? or is it just GP bikes and KRP ?

here's the link to see what im talking about  http://www.gp-bikes.com/?page=downloads   

Yeah i know and im wondering why. Anyway, i got it from GP bikes forum: http://forums.piboso.com/showthread.php?tid=23  :)
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

dibu

The link on the GPBikes site is not visible because a new improved Beta of GPBikes is on the way. It should be out in about two weeks.

There is also WRS (Word Racing Series) from PiBoSo. It's a car racing sim. It should be out very soon, hopefully this weekend. You can see the actual cars here (Formula Renault 2.0/3.5): http://www.worldracingseries.net/?page=about&section=cars

Eslotes

June 02, 2012, 08:58:39 AM #5 Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 09:01:45 AM by Eslotes
Just saying if there be scooter racing on the krp tracks and i will buy a pair of them for my friends to play with them.  ;)
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Stark

Quote from: dibu on June 02, 2012, 08:18:51 AM
The link on the GPBikes site is not visible because a new improved Beta of GPBikes is on the way. It should be out in about two weeks.

There is also WRS (Word Racing Series) from PiBoSo. It's a car racing sim. It should be out very soon, hopefully this weekend. You can see the actual cars here (Formula Renault 2.0/3.5): http://www.worldracingseries.net/?page=about&section=cars

hmm ok. But why take it away completely and not let ppl download and buy the current beta? Anyway, looking forward to try beta 2.  :)
JP- Racing

dibu

Quote from: Stark on June 02, 2012, 09:34:55 PM
hmm ok. But why take it away completely and not let ppl download and buy the current beta? Anyway, looking forward to try beta 2.  :)

Because the Beta you downloaded is an internal Beta for the old community who was waiting a long time to get an update.
The Beta for us newbies will be out in about two weeks.

Stark

Quote from: dibu on June 02, 2012, 09:58:01 PM
Quote from: Stark on June 02, 2012, 09:34:55 PM

Because the Beta you downloaded is an internal Beta for the old community who was waiting a long time to get an update.
The Beta for us newbies will be out in about two weeks.

I see.  :)
JP- Racing

JamieP

I am hanging out for the World Series Racing. I tried an old version which I came across and it felt pretty good. I'm also keen to give the GP Bikes a go but until they can come up with a realistic controller, it's just not a full sim experience  :(

dibu

Finding a realistic controller for GPBikes is also my biggest problem with this sim. >:(
But very soon we can turn our laps with WRS on the Nordschleife and all the other GPBikes tracks. ;D

NOP

Well i would love to support piboso and buy WRS or GPBikes (as i guess/readed right now this projects have no profit) but... WRS is in direct competition with big boys like rfactor2 and in price bracket of NetKar Pro. And i guess it will share netcode problems with KRP. It's quite hard to justify. I think this games biggest upside it that they are unfinished so a lot more content will be added later.
I tried GPBikes with wheel and it was.. interesting. Game pad would work quite good here. I think i even saw long time ago controller resembling bike steering. It was really cheap looking but it would be a step forward.

Stark

Quote from: NOP on June 03, 2012, 11:01:03 AM
Well i would love to support piboso and buy WRS or GPBikes (as i guess/readed right now this projects have no profit) but... WRS is in direct competition with big boys like rfactor2 and in price bracket of NetKar Pro. And i guess it will share netcode problems with KRP. It's quite hard to justify. I think this games biggest upside it that they are unfinished so a lot more content will be added later.
I tried GPBikes with wheel and it was.. interesting. Game pad would work quite good here. I think i even saw long time ago controller resembling bike steering. It was really cheap looking but it would be a step forward.

I dont care very much about WRS, there are a lot of other open wheel sims out there. What i really like is that Piboso are filling a big gap in the simracing world, bikes and karts has never been simulated in a realistic way before. For a big motorsport enthusiast like me its definitely worth supporting.  :)

GP Bikes demo was so good i decided to buy the game. Dont know when im going to get the activation code though.  ;D
JP- Racing

dibu

Which controller are you using for GPBikes?
I tried my G27 wheel, a XBox 360 pad and a Thrustmaster freestyler bike, all have their pros and cons, but none gives me the perfect feeling.

Stark

Quote from: dibu on June 03, 2012, 10:28:33 PM
Which controller are you using for GPBikes?
I tried my G27 wheel, a XBox 360 pad and a Thrustmaster freestyler bike, all have their pros and cons, but none gives me the perfect feeling.

Im using a 360 controller. Of course its not optimal, but i think its good enough.  :)
JP- Racing