• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:44:51 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Australia / New Zealand Championship - Round 8

Started by JamieP, May 15, 2012, 05:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieP

We are onto round 8 of the championship which takes us to Mariambourg and wouldn't you know it, the forcast is for a scorching hot day. Hoping to get back the regular racers this week, after a few of us were unable to compete in the last couple of rounds, and have a great event.

As per ususal, the server will be online from 5.30pm and the race meet proper will start at 7.00pm. The server password will be sent out tomorrow morning.

Thanks and see you on track..............I've had withdrawals and can't wait.

Jamie

Mitdawg48

Still haven't got my computer back from the repair shop yet so won't be able to join you guys again tonight unfortunately :( have fun!

JamieP

That's a shame. Could have built a new one by now :).

What happened to it?

JamieP

the mid season is very quiet. I was the only one competing tonight  :'(. Did 5 laps in the pre-final and 1 lap in the final just to get classified then shutdown the server. Hopefully a better turn out next round

It's just not the same on your own

DPKarter#43

I weto go on it at 7:30 which was supposed to still be practice but it was final so I couldn't join

JamieP

7:30 would have been 10 mins into qualifying. Make sure you are going by Sydney time. GMT +10.

Mitdawg48

Well I use my laptop to race and the power supply port that connects to the mother board had lost its connection so I couldn't charge it up or use it, getting it back from the repairers this weekend so from next week i'll be back on as usual :)

I'm planning to build a custom pc in the next couple of months, this laptop just hasn't got enough grunt any more lol. Some of the specs are Dual Gigabyte (nVidia) GTX570's in SLi, 12Gb Ram, i7 2600K, should be a beast

JamieP

I designed out myself a gaming PC recently too.

8 core AMD, 16GB RAM, 3x 500GB HDD (RAID 0), 3x 1GB 6770 in Crossfire. Came up to $1200 my cost but I would guess retail would be > $1800 (case and labour to be added). Weapon of a machine, great value and still upgradable if you should desire.

Sadly the finances ran dry so I am stuck on my Core 2 E4400 and GTS-250.

Mitdawg48

Haha yeah this one weighs in at just under $2000 built by the guys at Umart so I get a years warranty on it, should be a bit of a beast for sim racing haha

DPKarter#43

All events start at 7:00 and so practice for 1 hour till 8:00 than 10 min for qualifying, I always allow for me to have 30 min practice and than qualifying??

JamieP

I'll double check the server ini file to make sure the times are correct but the server was reset at 7.00pm sharp and left to run right up until the pre-final. I did 5 laps then let it roll to the final (gap between was 6 minutes). no-one joined so I ran 1 lap in the final and shut down the server.

I am sure the file is correct but I will recheck it since it is a new server. If it is wrong, I'll re-run the event for points tomorrow. If it is correct, the points will stand and the server will be up tomorrow anyway for fun only with no password.

Thanks and see you on track

DPKarter#43

JamieP

I checked the file and the practice time was set to 20 minutes. The event will be re-run for full points. Anyone who wants to join in is welcome. No password tonight

Lets have a big field to test out the server.  ;D

JamieP

Event has been re-run, same results. Another lonely night

Mitdawg48

Hi Jamie

Good news is that I've got my computer back now so I should be able to race again, but bad news is I'm heading right into end of semester for uni so I've got a heap of assignments and exams coming up so I think it will be a struggle for me to make many of the rounds but I'll try my best :)