• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Spectator Client (no licence to run this mode)

Started by Fazza, May 09, 2012, 04:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fazza

May 09, 2012, 04:01:29 PM Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:25:06 PM by Fazza
it would be nice to be able to run a spectator Client that needs no licence to join the server :-

1. its nice for people that download the demo of this sim and be able to see some proper racing in action it might tempt them to purchase the full version of the game.

2. I would love to have the ability to have a spectator screen running while im holding a lan event (over Internet) at my house. i have a few pc's and laptops so to set it up on a that or a big screen for the guys to watch would be awsome.

Spectator client would need to be able to connect with out the need of a licence for ppl like me runnning it on a seprate machine (i dont really think anyone needs to pay for multiple licences to run this mode)

also in spectator mode it would also be nice to be able to have the laptimes of the racers on a full screen so for example i could run spectator Live action cam on one screen and have the live laptimes and engine info on another , this would truely be awesome !!!

Fazza

May 09, 2012, 04:07:53 PM #1 Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:26:06 PM by Fazza
ok i tried running 2 clients off the same licence on the SAME PC and the second does a connection timeout when trying to connect it to a server the first client is on thats probably down to the port the clients are using , so the spectator client is likey to have to use its own port or something.

ive also tried setting it up on the laptop and running a second client with the same licence and yes it will not let 2 licence keys connect to world at the same time.