• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

There it is: the ultimate ghost poll

Started by PiBoSo, April 16, 2012, 05:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should KRP allow a ghost of a previous lap in testing?

Yes, KRP is a training tool
No, it's not realistic

PiBoSo

Buzzard12

I think it might be nice, but it definitely needs an option to be turned off

EVO

Super 1 Karting had a training mode. where the coach kart in front would pace themselves with you, if you got fast they got fast.  Like the the License R34 GTR in Gran Turismo 4.  Rarely could you pass them and stay in front.  They were also colidable. The game had pretty tough AI.  sometimes the AI would even spin out going into corners.  I thought the AI was amazing though the physics sucked.

It would be awesome to be able to goto the stats page and download the top hotlap nd chase their ghost becuase sometimes the actual real driver isnt around or has the patience to let slow guys chase him. I know i would get bored if i were ranked no 1 driving with a slow guy like myself.  If we have the ghost to train with we can practice while no 1 ranked guy is sleeping since many of us are in different  time zones. Some times zones with few drivers like mine (EST)
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Roud

JamieP

I'm a little torn with this one. I use the sim as a training tool so a ghost os a fast lap, say 1 sec faster, would be good so I have a target to catch so to speak.

On the other hand, I like the sim as it's realistic and a ghost to catch is not realistic. In the end, a ghost would suit my needs so I vote yes.

Dan Buck

sure why not

would be great for training i guess
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

DPKarter#43

there is no harm in doing it and piboso could just make it so u can turn it off and on for the people that dont want it.
DPKarter#43

Moretti

yes. With an option to turn it on an off.
I would always use it in training, but I agree that some people might prefer not to use it.

as a suggestion: a slide to select how much transparency it should have is more than enough to do this. 0% transparency is just another car in the race (with no collisions! of course!) and 100% is an invisible (disabled) ghost.

EVO

April 25, 2012, 12:54:47 AM #23 Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:49:02 PM by EVO
 :(i think the options should be more simple
OFF
ON (ghosted) no paint and see through
ON (just like regular kart)
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

DPKarter#43

I really don't think there is any harm in doing it,

Diddy4957

it would be cool to have as it would be slightly more fun then testing on your own, but not as complicated as trying to build AI to race against

Sam

its a training tool any way because i don't have to be that realistic for it to make your brain work hard through corners but this game is realistic and when i get out of my simulator I'm sweating like hell and iv been there for an hour-1hour1/2

Falling for kk like