• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:29:42 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Stuttering

Started by Dan Buck, April 11, 2012, 03:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Buck

i think im having issues with graphics...

i have a Phenom II X4 @ 3.00 Ghz, nVidia GTX280, 4GB memory, 2TB HDD (won't change anything) and even when i'm running low graphics, it's like stuttering all the time!! :(

could you help me somehow about it?

other than that, it seems fine! it's working on my pc now, as the Beta5 wouldn't work anymore! ;)
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

PiBoSo

Is it a constant stuttering, or does it happen every few seconds?

Dan Buck

it's very very smooth sometimes!
so, yes, every few seconds!!

and thanks for moving my message here! :)
and sorry for posting it in the wrong place!!
If I die tomorrow, I'd be alright because I believe that after we're gone, the spirit carries on! :: If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Dan Buck on April 11, 2012, 03:51:11 PM
it's very very smooth sometimes!
so, yes, every few seconds!!

and thanks for moving my message here! :)
and sorry for posting it in the wrong place!!

Are the graphics drivers updated?

Dan Buck

all up to date! ;)

i just got a new CPU and updated all my drivers... Graphic Card, Sound and BIOS included!! :)

Nitrox

If this happens only online with many people on the server, I got this too. FFB is also affected!

Dan Buck

never tried the online one!!

actually, i'm unlucky because when i'm about to enter a server, the race has already started! :(

Dan Buck

i just filmed three little videos showing you guys what's happening with my KRP!
even with the lowest graphic settings, the driving gets impossible due to the stutters!!

even tho it runs wonderfully smooth on replays, even when i put the highest graphic settings on it! :(

--

onboard, lowest graphics (replay)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDgROLgLFIA

onboard, highest graphics (replay)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7tJ5XYNuE8

onboard driving, lowest graphics (and than, replay with the lowest graphics offboard)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryGZuJwxFX0

and sorry about the bad quality videos and about my english as well! :P

marcocale

Could be something similar to what I'm discussing here http://forum.kartracing-pro.com/index.php?topic=1067.15

If your problem has the same origin, we can definetively exclude the GFX. I see we have the same processor type....

Since I see we have the same type of processor, PiBoSo asked me to check if the processor run always at his full speedd , I'm sure it's OK, but will test hopefully this evening.

maxrod

Has there been a fix for this problem, I changed my card from gtx 460 to hd 7950, Had no problems with the gtx460, All spec still the same exept the hd 7950 and it stutters not bad just sometimes once or twice every few laps, I have only tried a couple of games, dirt showdown and deus Ex: human revolution with no problems, I am getting with max settings and eyefinity around 150 to 200 fps, I have seen on other forums there is a problem with fps to high and need to be capped in some games, It seems as if the amd application has not alot of settings compared to nvidia,  Would be good to know if any of you have had problems and found a solution.

Dan Buck

i had a change on my vga...
from nVidia GTX280 to a HD 6850 from Gigabyte!

yet the stuttering is still there, worst than ever! :(

Dan Buck

nevermind!

KRP looks stunning, better than never! ;)

GO KRP GO, the best kart simulator EVER! and now i can drive it again! hehe

maxrod

For me the stutter is eyefinity not in the AMD eyefinity list, No problems with single screen,  Are there any problem with nvidia 3d surround ?.

Diddy4957

my old laptop broke so i uploaded the game onto my new laptop, which is faster then my old one. However when i play KRP the game stutters when i use the divers view, whereas when i use the view where i'm behind the kart I dont have any stuttering. Dont understand this so if anyone can help it would be useful.

Dan Buck

what are your new laptop config. please?
and your old laptop's as well...