• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:18:27 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

KS1 Gearshift

Started by JamieP, April 12, 2012, 06:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieP

I had my first attempt at running the shifter kart last night and was a little suprised at the shifting ability of the kart. I run with all aids off (I like to have maximum realism) and found that I was continually getting mis-shifts on the upshift unless the RPM was below the engine peak or my foot was off the throttle for about half a second. Meanwhile, under brakes, the downshifting was really easy and there was no need to blip the throttle.

I haven't ever driven a shifter kart but I have ridden motocross for a few years and the gearshift I experienced should be opposite. Upshift should only need a very short lift but downshift should need a fairly hefty blip on the throttle.

If I am wrong, please let me know

Thanks and keep up the great work

Jamie

Arrowjmax4

im no expert, but when i drive the ks1 with my g25, i have the left shift paddle as my clutch and the sequential gears on my right. I find i flat shift around gear 1-3 but use the clutch for 4-5-6-7.

Aritz

Quote from: LostCause001 on April 12, 2012, 06:51:25 AM
I had my first attempt at running the shifter kart last night and was a little suprised at the shifting ability of the kart. I run with all aids off (I like to have maximum realism) and found that I was continually getting mis-shifts on the upshift unless the RPM was below the engine peak or my foot was off the throttle for about half a second. Meanwhile, under brakes, the downshifting was really easy and there was no need to blip the throttle.

I haven't ever driven a shifter kart but I have ridden motocross for a few years and the gearshift I experienced should be opposite. Upshift should only need a very short lift but downshift should need a fairly hefty blip on the throttle.

If I am wrong, please let me know

Thanks and keep up the great work

Jamie

In karting upshifting is the same as bikes but downshifting doesn't need any kind of blip. Of course you don't need the clutch ever.

Nitrox

It should work with lifting throttle a little bit. PiBoSo invested a lot of time in gearbox code, for me
It works great in Beta 6.

Make sure you calibrated your wheel and check throttle settings (deadzone etc. ).

oppolo

Quote from: Nitrox on April 12, 2012, 10:11:33 AM
It should work with lifting throttle a little bit.
yes it is but when online there was lag it didnt' work properly, many time I don't go online

Nitrox

I see, FFB suffers from online lag too, I feel. However, this is probably netcode related, but the gearbox code works fine, I think.

Sometimes I have the feeling that KRP is different from other online sims: If there are too many people online, KRP starts lagging and slowing down a bit. Playing other sims, the simulation for the own vehicle never slows down, only the opponents start to jump and stutter (porably more than in KRP).

Aritz

Quote from: oppolo on April 12, 2012, 11:26:03 AM
Quote from: Nitrox on April 12, 2012, 10:11:33 AM
It should work with lifting throttle a little bit.
yes it is but when online there was lag it didnt' work properly, many time I don't go online

I have the same problem... Online and alone, works fine, but with more people, I have problems with upshifting again :(

JamieP

No issue with lag. The dedicated server was 2 metres away. Ping rate 3ms. Also there was only 2 of us on the server.
Steering wheel calibrated and deadzone set to zero. The lift was working fine, it just wouldn't upshift if you ram the rpm to the point where the shift light comes on.

Will give it a go offline at some point and see what happens

Thanks

Jamie