• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:21:54 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Feedback needed

Started by PiBoSo, April 10, 2012, 05:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Can someone please give feedback about the new features in Beta6?
Is the "Wizard" to set steering wheel rotation ok?
Is the new "Free Roam" replay camera working correctly? Even with mouse-look?
Are replay cameras in general ok or do they need changes / improvements?
Are the "guide balloons" enough? Is the text clear?
Did someone notice there are tooltips on some user interface elements? Does KRP need more of them?

laraarsa

Quote from: PiBoSo on April 10, 2012, 05:09:27 PM
1. Can someone please give feedback about the new features in Beta6?
2. Are the "guide balloons" enough? Is the text clear?
3. Did someone notice there are tooltips on some user interface elements? Does KRP need more of them?
1. Yes  :)
2. Yes I think they are clear enough.
3. I noticed them, but they are a bit hidden. Maybe make them easier to see for newbie's? For example by pressing a button all of the elements appear?

PiBoSo

You can force tooltip display ( if it exists ) right-clicking on an item.

Aritz

-The wheel wizard is ok, but -offtopic sorry-  I don't think the game should let to use more than 180 degrees... This is a simulator and karts don't have more than 180 degrees. I watched Velocipede's videos and it hurts the eyes, people drive karts like they drive a car...  :-X

-The cameras are ok, the only camera which is not default is the onboard, why?

-I would add more ballons for the non computer masters, specially on the graphic settings like "antialiasing". People don't know how bad is this setting if they are using netbooks or slow computers. In fact, I posted this game thread on a karting forum (quite good success by the way :) ) and the main problem was the poor fps because of the "standard" graphic cards.
Same for "You can force tooltip display ( if it exists ) right-clicking on an item.". Again, this kind of info is only known by us, the forum users  :-\ I can't know how many buyers has KRP, but only a few are forum users...

Sorry if I am being so hard, that is not my intention at all! I only want to improve the game :)

Josi

I'm totally agree with Aritz.
More ballons are needed as there are things not so easy to understand for all people.
The cameras also ok, although it would be nice to have the onboard one. Otherwise the free roam camera... I don't know how it wors yet.
About the wheel wizard...  :o no idea which is its function.

Schwoni

there is the free camer that  follows the kart u could use this to do the cockpit wiev.

PiBoSo

Please post more feedback about the new features.

Also: what about multiplayer?
How frequent are crashes? Do they happen in specific moments or randomly?
Are the remote karts smooth? How does it compare to other online racing simulators?
Is it working correctly with high pings?
Is there warping or remote kart or of the local kart?
Are collisions ok?

EVO

i think collisons are great. Schwoni was bumping be the other day on the straight and it reacted exactly as i expected. I not fast so i dont know about bumping in turns.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Diddy4957

i was racing today at essay and the other kart disapeared on my screen randomly for about 10 seconds before reapering

the crashes are fairly realistic only the pods come off to easily, if I hit a driver who spins head on my nose cone falls off and quite often so does the other drivers part of the kart that I hit. Otherwise the racing is realy good, but it would be better if the starts where less sensitive

Schwoni

April 11, 2012, 06:44:40 PM #9 Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:48:21 PM by Schwoni
online since beta6b much better crashes happen only if the server change the track, the problem is that u see the kart choose screen and if u have done u can join the server this could happen too fast i think, if u do it too fast u are on server and maybe see the other drivers who join later but the first who is on server is not visible for me who joined 1 min later for example. I have had with evo he was first, i have done like always go back to server list and then join because then u don`t get that problem and i was on server it looked like noone is there but evo was allready on server.

remote karts are smooth till a ping of 90-100 if only one guy join with a ping < 200 it starts to lag and massive lag and jumps forward and backward by the high ping guy.

collidions are ok but not perfect. so bigger the ping so more air between the karts. Maybe other drivers don`t notice but also if i start the server so ping 0 and marco join and only we 2 drive ( marco`s ping 30 the lowest ping i have ever seen in krp) is there air between the karts of us. 5-10 cm collision wokr good but because we drive same fast this air is sometimes too much, you think u could drive a bit more close to drive bumper on bumper and then u push him out because u can`t see when you touch him. If you push another kart the reaction is really good but if u do a bit harder overtake a good one so drive inside and not like a noob behind and push, the kart react there a bit too much and the kart is broken very fast. Another wish to do it more realistic is that if i drive nextto my opponent and i`m with my front wheel nextto his rear wheel and i touch it then there it reacts like only touching, but it should fly a bit high the kart of the kart which touch with frontwheel. I think u know this effect rear tire touch the front tire of another driver from real. This could give bad crashes flying on or over the kart infront.

i don`t wanna denigrate it, but krp should handle this so perfect as possible to make "pro" races possible. If u check the stats u will notice that the guys become faster and faster because the whole game become better and more realistic, that means that in next time we are more close with the times so we are automatic more close in race and to do this possible my criticism is right to help, my opinion  :)

Schwoni

now finished the pre final after crossing the finish line i got ode internal error and kart.exe crash

Diddy4957

i have  a problem that if 5 or more people are in the room and I try and join, it says conected but never actually finnishes loading
however if i join the room early then it doesnt effect me if more people join

PiBoSo

Please use "Bug Reports" forum for crashes and problems.
The point of this thread is to ask for feedback when things work correctly.
Is multiplayer smooth?
Is there lag / warping?
Are there framerate issues with many karts?

Schwoni

multiplayer is smooth exept that high ping guys then it lag as i said.
lag and warping happens with high ping guys, they warp the others lag sometimes if u drive close because this high ping.
i haven`t noticed framerate isuues but i think they exist. Nitrox for example asked today if it lag also for  us but all pings was good. the highest ones was 60 10 guys but good pings. i noticed a small fps drop of round abount 10 FPS if i drive close with 3-4 karts on my screen, i don`t know how powerful nitrox graphic card is but i think that was the lag for him. I spoke with 3 guys (also on that server) in teamspeak and noone have had lag issues.

PiBoSo

Another question: are sounds of the other karts more realistic now? Is it possible to hear your own engine?