• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:33:36 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

New Server Bug

Started by Schwoni, March 31, 2012, 10:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwoni

There is a new bug happens suddenly if someone join the server. The Problem is that there are suddenly 2 guys  with the same name and one is lost, The lost guy in that list u can see in chat but not in results screen and this lost guy can`t set times. It look like this :

Schwoni

April 01, 2012, 01:24:46 AM #1 Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 01:53:54 AM by Schwoni
Now i have had 2 servers open both with Bueren the one said to me data mismatch -.- the other keeps crashing while connecting. Also testdrive on bueren don`t work again. I deleted both logfiles but still the same also some restarts of PC and still same problem. Yesterday i have had the problem that the whole krp crash if i started this so i have had to reinstall. Now it look like that there is no other possibility.

Servers crash very often now, and very often if u start a race the server choose a guy and say: (username) given up. or something like that, i have it in german so i don`t know exactly but if this happens the chat keeps spamming that message till u restart the Race.

Now reinstalled the game again and now the track work again. But what the hell is that? i don`t wanna reinstall that game every day.

robby

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on March 31, 2012, 10:17:09 PM
There is a new bug happens suddenly if someone join the server. The Problem is that there are suddenly 2 guys  with the same name and one is lost, The lost guy in that list u can see in chat but not in results screen and this lost guy can`t set times. It look like this :

Could you please write the steps to replicate this bug?

PiBoSo

April 01, 2012, 10:41:25 AM #4 Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 12:18:49 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Schwoni on April 01, 2012, 01:24:46 AM
Servers crash very often now, and very often if u start a race the server choose a guy and say: (username) given up. or something like that, i have it in german so i don`t know exactly but if this happens the chat keeps spamming that message till u restart the Race.

When do servers crash most often? During a connection or disconnection? Or just randomly?
What is the error message?

Schwoni

the servers crash if there are 6-8 people in and if they disconnect and connect, that crash sometimes happen after 2 mins after server start and sometimes after longer time like 30 mins.
i have never seen an error message only one time there it was kart.exe
i and marco drove on a closed server 3 hours and no problems so the problem is more people.
Same for spamming chat this happen if the race start that rolling lap after that 2 mins waiting, there it choose a guy and the chat spamm this till u restart the race, and the race didn`t start u can drive 10 laps and the light keep red.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on April 01, 2012, 01:16:15 PM
the servers crash if there are 6-8 people in and if they disconnect and connect, that crash sometimes happen after 2 mins after server start and sometimes after longer time like 30 mins.
i have never seen an error message only one time there it was kart.exe
i and marco drove on a closed server 3 hours and no problems so the problem is more people.
Same for spamming chat this happen if the race start that rolling lap after that 2 mins waiting, there it choose a guy and the chat spamm this till u restart the race, and the race didn`t start u can drive 10 laps and the light keep red.

Does this happen on a specific track, or any track?

Schwoni

Essay, Kerpen, Loanto and Amsterdam in we have had this so i think on any track.

Schwoni

and this is the other happened now on another server.

the whole chat is full and don`t stop that if u write something it is 0.5 sec there and then again all full of this.

Diddy4957

how do you think i felt when chat became full with diddy 4957 disqualified, speeding. the game just seems to be rubing it in now by posting it 20 times on my screen  :P

Schwoni

to that new .EXE it work much better now. But we have had a crash, we started the rolling lap in a race and at corridors we all was close and that 4 laps and it didn`t start, so the server was hanging or crashed but we could restart the race we could chat and all this things only the race never have started.
On my server yesterday i set 8 hours practice we was up to 13 people on the same time it worked all very fine some lags but this was because a guy with 200 ping. 3 Hours later i joined that server again there was still 3 guys so with me 4 and then it crashed, we 4 could drive, chat etc.. all was fine for us but others can`t join any more they always connected and disconnected. i was in contact with Robby in Teampeak and he tried too but nothing. Restarted and all was fine again.

JamieP

We had a similar issue with MrShowtime22 last night. The server was going well with 6 on the server for practice. I logged in as regular user and still no problem. I asked everyone to log out and restarted the dedicated server. (Quit then restarted from desktop shortcut). When the server came back up, everyone except MrShowtime could log in. He kept getting connected but always showing 0 ping rate, then dis-connnecting. I believe that kart.exe crashed on him as well. There was 6 of us in the event and everyone else could leave and come back no problem. After we had finished our racing, the server went through a normal end of event restart and he could join no problem. Seemed like a firewall or routing issue with the one computer but it wasn't.

I don't know what the core issue is but there was 6 of us on the server and the rest of us had no issues at all.

We have another event next week so we'll see how it behaves then