• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:45:53 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta6

Started by PiBoSo, March 28, 2012, 10:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitrox

Just had some close battles with an equally fast driver at Essay - KC3. Hell that was fun, KRP is becoming really raceable! We were only 3 drivers though (which might be why it went very smooth).
:D

oppolo

when i am in tuck position I can't change gear, is it right?

Schwoni

oppolo

so,

i can't use tuck in KS1 a part a very small time in 6st gear

is air choke used during brake?

do they affect the physic?

Nitrox

Atm air chocke is visual only. Will be needed with future engine, for KS1 it's not essential.

EVO

air choke would be used at the end of the striaght were the engine is running most lean.  It would be used to prevent a high reving engine without a rev limiter and or with a lean fuel/air mixture from siezing. hand choking allows oil (mixed with fuel) to lubricate the engine. 
I think it is essential for KS1, but not so much for kc1, kc3 or FS250 (revlimited).  Also in a ICA,FSA,FA class it would be critical becuase the engines are running so fast and lean for max power.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

oppolo

Quote from: EVO on April 16, 2012, 03:47:35 AM
air choke would be used at the end of the striaght were the engine is running most lean.  It would be used to prevent a high reving engine without a rev limiter and or with a lean fuel/air mixture from siezing. hand choking allows oil (mixed with fuel) to lubricate the engine. 
I think it is essential for KS1, but not so much for kc1, kc3 or FS250 (revlimited).  Also in a ICA,FSA,FA class it would be critical becuase the engines are running so fast and lean for max power.

but...mmm...to use air choke and at the same time downshift is difficult

GhostriderPl

April 16, 2012, 02:27:22 PM #82 Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:37:59 PM by GhostriderPl
In Shifterkarts you dont use the choke......Dont drive KC klasses....BUT....In FA FSA we used it often because you dont have a clutch and when you break hard then the engine stops for a moment when tires locked (from over 20000u/min to 0) and in this moment the engine overheats because the piston stops extremely fast and the engine isnt running and the temperature grows because of this stop....but+ when u use the choke before the braking then the engine has enough lubricant (right word?) for this moment....in ICA we dont use it because you can damage the membranes on the inlet (dont know the english word for membranes)

And in shifter Karts you have a SMOOTH downgoing rpms at braking  and not so many of them  ;)

Jesus, my english is horrible because i dont use it often  ;) but i hope that you understand what i say  :)

Greetings, GhostriderPL

If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

oppolo

Quote from: GhostriderPl on April 16, 2012, 02:27:22 PM
In Shifterkarts you dont use the choke......Dont drive KC klasses....BUT....In FA FSA we used it often because you dont have a clutch and when you break hard then the engine stops for a moment when tires locked (from over 20000u/min to 0) and in this moment the engine overheats because the piston stops extremely fast and the engine isnt running and the temperature grows because of this stop....but+ when u use the choke before the braking then the engine has enough lubricant (right word?) for this moment....in ICA we dont use it because you can damage the membranes on the inlet (dont know the english word for membranes)

And in shifter Karts you have a SMOOTH downgoing rpms at braking  and not so many of them  ;)

Jesus, my english is horrible because i dont use it often  ;) but i hope that you understand what i say  :)

Greetings, GhostriderPL

dont' worry, it's quite clear and thank you for answer

FA FSA, are those with direct drive?

membranes. do you mean reed valve? http://www.torvergata-karting.it/article/articleview/76/1/9/

so, at this moment we don't need to use air choke in these karts

GhostriderPl

FA= Formula A 100cc Rotary Valve (later the IC-A and FA were together)

FSA= Formula Super A 100cc rotary valve with full manifacture tuning (big carburetors, big ports and so on)

direct Drive of course.....

And yes, i mean the reed valve...thanks  ;) :)

And i dont know if the lower classes like KF (in real) use the choke (but for what in my opinion?) no direct drive, no high rpms, much less power for so much cc

I drive only Shifters and when we go testing then i like to drive with my old FSA engines (love it)  ;D

Greetings, GhostriderPL
If you want to Finish First you have to Finish First!

EVO

April 16, 2012, 10:55:19 PM #85 Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 06:54:39 PM by EVO
If you drive a shifter moto yes you wont be able to hand choke
but in KF they do it.  No rev limiter and lean mixture = break
it maybe useful in KC1 and KC3 if the mixture is very lean.  lean will make the most power

Examples
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oIKOWXK6-M
1.08  1.45  2.18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqtfrlmMOls

Duke Jason

Hello i have the same Problem!

Well i have small problem with this release. Game stopped recognizing all axises of my wheel or to be precise it recognizes 2 axises so i can have analog steering and throttle or steering and brake  . I'm using a hyperstimulator witch support 6-axises in windows controller properies they are called: X Axis/Y Axis, Throttle, Rudder, Dial, Slider. In game calibration option display "X" axis and 3 left axises work together as "Y". Tried changing in game files calib.txt controls.tx

Please Help!!

Jeremy

PiBoSo

Quote from: Duke Jason on April 26, 2012, 06:21:29 PM
Hello i have the same Problem!

Well i have small problem with this release. Game stopped recognizing all axises of my wheel or to be precise it recognizes 2 axises so i can have analog steering and throttle or steering and brake  . I'm using a hyperstimulator witch support 6-axises in windows controller properies they are called: X Axis/Y Axis, Throttle, Rudder, Dial, Slider. In game calibration option display "X" axis and 3 left axises work together as "Y". Tried changing in game files calib.txt controls.tx

Please Help!!

Jeremy

Are you using the Beta6b patch?
Could you please send calib.txt and controls.txt to support@kartracing-pro.com ?

EVO

Im going to make a button for my airbox on my simulator. next to the holes when i press it the driver in game will hand choke. 

How should i make one for tucking maybe a button on the top of the steerring wheel when my helmet hits it the driver tucks

or better yet one on the seat, when it is released it goes into the tuck gesture. located somewhere near my lower spine.
is it possible to set a button to activate only when released, and not when pressed?

NOP

Quote from: EVO on April 26, 2012, 09:40:22 PM
Im going to make a button for my airbox on my simulator. next to the holes when i press it the driver in game will hand choke. 

How should i make one for tucking maybe a button on the top of the steerring wheel when my helmet hits it the driver tucks

or better yet one on the seat, when it is released it goes into the tuck gesture. located somewhere near my lower spine.
is it possible to set a button to activate only when released, and not when pressed?
I saw your rig and it looks really nice.
I think that making choke gesture system with some LED and some photo detector would be even better than button. You could set it in a way that breaking light path with your hand would enable game choke gesture.
I don't think inverting button state would be to hard, but i guess NC (normally closed) switch isn't very expensive to buy.