• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

G27 Problems - Wheel Calibrated but not recognised

Started by andybooth, March 27, 2012, 05:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andybooth

Hello all.  I'm new to this forum so I hope you can help me.

I have recently installed Kart Racing Pro Demo for my son who has recently taken up karting.  Everything installed correctly (as far as I can tell).  Anyway, when I connect up the Logitech G27 wheel and go into settings, I'm allowed to calibrate the wheel but on returning to the first setting screen, the only control options I have are keyboard.  The system just does not want to recognise the wheel.  The only inputs available on the setting screen is for keyboard (the default I guess). highlighting the steering only allows me to choose another keyboard command or a push button on the Logitech wheel (which tells me the game can see the wheel)

I checked on other pages on this forum and only found one hit, also relating to setting up the wheel.  It was suggested on there that I need to ensure the wheel is installed and recognised by the computer before running KRP.  I made sure I did that, and nothing.

I tried using the Logitech Profiler software, set up the wheel for KRP and nothing.  Tried going straight into the game (not using Logitech profiler) and nothing.

It seems to me that the KRP just isn't recognising the wheel even though it has been calibrated (correctly I assume).

I do hope somebody on this forum can help me because I would really like to give the software a go and buy it if my son likes it.

Please help me guys.

Andy

Ride

I sometimes have a similar problem after I have been playing another game which uses my joystick. It appears that the joystick hijacks the wheel somehow but the wheel works again after resetting the computer. I would suggest unplugging any other inputs such as joysticks and seeing if that works, also make sure the shifter is in neutral before assigning inputs, hope that helps

cconti

I am getting something similar. For me it works, but when I go back in to fix some other input that's not working (like brake, gas) I go back to the track and now the steering is no longer mapped.

I have separate pedals.

Ride

Make sure you run the game as Administrator in Windows, that fixed that problem for me

Schwoni

April 05, 2012, 11:49:48 AM #4 Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:53:50 AM by Schwoni
since b6 i have a problem with g27 and force feedback. Only in la conca. all is fine and in the middle and if i go to track ffb is away nothing.

now i was going 10 times to track now i have FFB but like inverted it is hard to holt in the middle it always shake to one direction.

Sam

my ffb doesnt ever work i thought it was the g27 i cant press the enable button please help!!!!!!

Falling for kk like

dibu

Quote from: Schwoni on April 05, 2012, 11:49:48 AM
since b6 i have a problem with g27 and force feedback. Only in la conca. all is fine and in the middle and if i go to track ffb is away nothing.

now i was going 10 times to track now i have FFB but like inverted it is hard to holt in the middle it always shake to one direction.

If the G27 LED mod is enabled, disable it and try again. I still have similar problems if I use it.