• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:07:03 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Australia / New Zealand Championship - Round 4

Started by JamieP, March 18, 2012, 08:09:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieP

We've had 3 rounds now and finally got a new race winner, two new winners in fact :). Pity about the connection issues MitDawg but well done Phillip and StraightXed. A huge effort from Phillip with the racing finishing at 3am in Vancouver time.

Round 4 takes us to Amsterdam Outdoor but last time I ran on this track, there was framerate issues.  Not severe but rather inconvienient. Please test for yourselves and let me know how you go. If there is too much of an issue, we'll move onto Xplex.

Thanks and see you on track

Jamie

JamieP

Forgot to mention the date.....28th March is the race date and as per usual server will be up from 5.30pm and race meeting proper will commence at 7.00pm.

Thanks and see you on track

Jamie

Sam

Falling for kk like

JamieP

Quote from: SAMBO72 on March 19, 2012, 01:00:04 AM
i can race that one awesomeeeee

Great stuff. We'll see you on track. I'm hard at work today trying to drum up some more competitors :)

Sam

do you ever have a sever with practise on it or anything

Falling for kk like

JamieP

Quote from: SAMBO72 on March 19, 2012, 08:40:28 AM
do you ever have a sever with practise on it or anything

Unfortuntely no. I use my laptop to host games(runs happily at 4% CPU and < 10% RAM usage)since I can't really justify a 24/7 server at this stage. This may change if my plans for the 2nd half of the year come together as hoped but we'll see how things pan out. If all goes as planned, I will get a dedicated machine on my connection or preferrably a dedicated game server hosted online. Game servers are expensive though, especially in our neck of the woods.

JamieP

Have decided to bite the bullet and updated an old server I have here. The host machine is now a dual Xeon 2.8Ghz with HT, 4Gb DDR-ECC RAM, 3x 36GB HDD in RAID 0. The server runs Proxmox and the game server will run on a Window XP virtual machine with more than enough resources allocated. That see us through for a little while. Just annoying having a loud server in my office but I'll make the sacrifice :(

Phillip91

Hi,
I try to race on the 28th! Last time was really good!

THX
Phillip

JamieP

I may miss the race this week but I'll still have the server up. Dad's in hospital about to have a pacemaker installed. I will send admin rights to another user if required. Be good to have you back Phillip. Hope it doesn't interfere with your schoolwork though.

we'll see how things pan out over the next couple of days.

Arrowjmax4

I won't make it either, delay it for a week mate...

Mitdawg48

Hey guys

I would be happy to delay it a week because i've got a heap of uni work at the moment but i can race tonight if we have enough intrest. It's up to you guys though to make the call

JamieP

We may be having a test night next Wednesday or Sunday. Possibly both

Phillip may be making a return and Sambo72 should be making his debut with us. I'll be in tonight, arrow is still out but will be playing the role of the clerk of course and driving instructor :). Beta 6 has just been released so I am updating the server and my machine as we type.

Your uni work has to come first so I'd say concentrate on that for now. If you can race with us, then that's great but you have enough of a lead that you can miss 1 race night :) (and give the rest of us a chance to catch up).

Beta-6 download is really slow but I'll get it done before I see Dad in hospital. Just means less practice later.

Mitdawg48

I managed to get a fair bit done today so I'll be able to race tonight. Are we using Beta 6 tonight on the server? if that's the case I have to go download it lol

Arrowjmax4

Mitdawg48

haha yeah, i just read my messages lol, will be interesting to see the differences in the kart handling.