• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Kart Racing Pro and Super 1 Karting

Started by MHR66, March 04, 2012, 11:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MHR66

Hi guys,

I've got both Kart Racing Pro and the old game, not sure if many people know it called ''Super 1 Karting''

I just wanted to ask two quick questions really, if you don't mind:

- Can I put Kart Racing Pro tracks in Super 1 Karting?
- Can I put Super 1 Karting tracks into Kart Racing Pro?

Sorry if this is the wrong section, by the way - wasn't sure whether to go for 'tracks' or 'general discussion'!

All the best and thanks in advance,

Matt

Schwoni

u have to check the files from super 1 karting. maybe it is possible.

MHR66

Thanks for such a quick reply.

What would be the way to find the type of file? I think they're .dat files if that means anything?

Matt

Cloudheaven

They're very different game, so I think that will be almost impossible to convert files between them!

Schwoni

i think so too, maybe if u have a chance to get it in 3ds max then it should possible but i don`t know anything about that :)

MHR66

Thanks for the replies guys,

without sounding stupid - what is 3DSMax, how do I get it and how do I put the Super 1 Karting files into it?

Sorry for being a newbie here!

Matt

maxrod

Super 1 karting is old and not worth bothering with, If there is a way to convert the tracks you would end up rebuilding them anyway.

MHR66

Thanks Maxrod and also thank you for your amazing tracks - with my two main circuits being Ellough Park and Kimbolton, you've served me extremely well - can't thank you enough for those one's!

I know that Super 1 Karting is an old game but tracks like Rowrah, Shenington and Clay Pigeon on it, I would love to have on KRP!

Matt :)

Cloudheaven

Quote from: maxrod on March 05, 2012, 11:23:58 PM
Super 1 karting is old and not worth bothering with, If there is a way to convert the tracks you would end up rebuilding them anyway.

I think too it's the only way to have those track in KRP, less work than a definitely difficult conversion!

EVO

I used to play this game all the time in middle school.  Lydd was my favorite i think better than the one i convereted  from GTR2, It would be great to convert them if some one can figure it out.  I think textures, kerbs, and low poly areas would have to be fixed.
The track did a great job of elevation change and gforce sensation for a game made pre 2000
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Cloudheaven

Quote from: EVO on March 06, 2012, 05:06:14 PM
I think textures, kerbs, and low poly areas would have to be fixed.

If someone have to do so much work, conversion + fix low poly areas, textures
in high res and add several details, wouldn't be better to make one from scratch?