• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:14:59 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Help for new track

Started by malny, September 19, 2012, 02:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malny

hello, I am a beginner but I learn fast ..  ;D
I'm doing some tests before creating my first track ... but I have some problems:

1 - my wire fence (a plane with alpha map) works well, but is only visible from the front.
2 - how do you get the dynamic surface? my track have only the puddles
3 - time lap does not work, but the intermediate work (centreline is close & merge) ???

thanks to all
p.s sorry for my english

EVO

September 19, 2012, 06:20:03 AM #1 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 01:48:52 PM by EVO
1.  copy the wire fence mesh and apply a NORMAL modifier in 3ds MAX

2.  Apply a shader to the track surface by naming a file with extension .SHD the same name as your tracks texture
    for example my track surface is  TARMAX.tga my shader will be TARMAX.shd
    the file must be in the same folder as the texture.  Open this file with notepad and put:

bump
{
map = normal_map.tga  (bump map texture with specular in  the alpha channel)
}
specular
{
shininess = 6 (controls light reflection)
}

then In tracked make sure you Generte the surface before you save the TRP, to do this click surface and generate, then edit to encompass the entire track

3.  The center line shoud have the first segment as a straight and the last is a curve.  Also make sure it is completely closed.
Sometimes you have to close it multiple times. then Merge, then generate the surface.

In Racing Data make sure you Start/finish location is right , splits, speedtrap, checkpoints. 
Left should always have a negative number    EX. Long:432    Left:-10     Right:10
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

LIAM-36-AUS

Quote from: EVO on September 19, 2012, 06:20:03 AM

2.  Apply a shader to the track surface by naming a file with extension .SHD the same name as your tracks texture
    the file must be in the same filder as the texture.  Open this file with notepad and put:

bump
{
}
specular
{
}

then In tracked make sure you Generte the surface before you save the TRP, to do this click surface and generate, then edit to encompass the entire track

3.  The center line shoud have the first segment is a straight and the last is a curve.  Also makesure it is completely closed.
Sometimes you have to close it multiple times. then Merge, then generate the surface.

In Racing Data make sure you Start/finish locaion is right , splits, speedtrap, checkpoints. 
Left should always have a negative number    EX. Long:432    Left:-10     Right:10
off topic i know but EVO i think u need to learn ya spelling!  :P  filder, Generte , makesure , locaion , encompass? 

EVO

lol i need more precision typing.  and driving. more smooth and lesss speed

malny

Quote from: EVO on September 19, 2012, 06:20:03 AM

the file must be in the same folder as the texture.  Open this file with notepad and put:

bump
{
}
specular
{
}

3.  The center line shoud have the first segment as a straight and the last is a curve.  Also make sure it is completely closed.

In Racing Data make sure you Start/finish location is right , splits, speedtrap, checkpoints. 

thank you,
I had little time and I felt alone .SHD
the track is now a more realistic with shader ;), but still passes from wet to dry ... and do not create rubber!
I created surface with tracked :-\

EVO

did you raise the groove multiplier in your profile.ini

in you have windows 7 search profile.ini it probably be in  MY Documents>PiBoSo>profiles>playername>profile.ini

addd this
[testing]
groove_multiplier=20
wet_multiplier=20
groove_edit=1
it only works in testing.  It will allow you to see the groove develop much faster.
It might just be that you havent done enough laps.  if you do 2 laps now it will be like 40laps!

malny

I know, my profile.ini had already been changed time ago but it does not work for my track
only difference, I did not:

groove_edit = 1

my TRKASPH has only two maps in 3ds max, diffuse color and glossiness for puddles, more SHD file for shader ...
something is missing?

the wire fence is ok, thanks

Aritz

Are you using the last exporter? Which version?

malny

Quote from: Aritz on September 20, 2012, 06:53:58 AM
Are you using the last exporter? Which version?

:-[ I used the old versone of plugins. now it works. ;D sorry
thanks  ;)
time laps still does not work ... I think do it well with TrackED
may depend on the position of my track? x, y, z?

LauZzZn

use tracked and when you are in the racedata settings sez your startfinish line and then just click on splits.
do you understand the other things ?
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport