• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 10:30:26 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Mar Menor San Javier WIP

Started by JayPotter, December 27, 2013, 08:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayPotter

work in progress got the track done just need to merge the different sections.. also having problems Capping the terrain in the middle.. when i click the boarder it puts an outline both sides i have tried using minus figures but does the same.. i have a feeling its cause it selects the outer part of the track shown in screen screen shot.. any help would be great either on here or Skype ( dovegunjay )

LauZzZn

i see you used btb and importet it. you need to merge all the vertices before you can use the border tool to create your spline
Retired, studied 3D Artist
Professional racing driver
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3
2022 3rd 24h Le Mans LMP2
Teammanager of Dutt Motorsport

JayPotter

December 27, 2013, 09:15:47 PM #2 Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 09:43:24 PM by JayPotter
Would that effect the inside boarder ?

also noticed in your video all your boarders are rectangular and not triangles is this what you mean by merging them all ?

LauZzZn

Quote from: JayPotter on December 27, 2013, 09:15:47 PM
Would that effect the inside boarder ?

also noticed in your video all your boarders are rectangular and not triangles is this what you mean by merging them all ?
no. you have to go to vertex mode and then merge them with 0.01 value. i used a 3ds max created asphalt not a btb asphalt. its the same later in krp. you can see that when you work with editable mesh
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

JayPotter

not too sound completely retarded .. which option menu do i set these values to?

LauZzZn

Quote from: JayPotter on December 27, 2013, 10:02:32 PM
not too sound completely retarded .. which option menu do i set these values to?
go to edit tab, then convert it to an editable poly, go to vertex mode and then scroll down to merge
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

JayPotter

either im blind or doing it all wrong but i have it as an editable poly.. when i click on vertex but i dont see merge in the menu on the right hand side

JayPotter

LauZzZn

ah sorry :D
ehm select all vertices in vertex mode and weld them :D
2021 ELMS Champion LMP3

JayPotter

still loads left to do but slowly coming along.. up next Kerbs.. any textures would be great :D also any help! cheer to LauZzZn for all his help so far :)