• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:11:12 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Ghost Driver

Started by Nitrox, February 09, 2012, 04:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nitrox

I think the possibility to create a ghost driver from replays would be a very very nice feature!

Ofcourse, you can have a look at sector times and see where you loose most time, but I think a ghost drive would be one of the advantages you could use in a sim that you do not have in real life. It would really help understanding tracks better and would improve training possibilities.

It already came up somwhere, but I thought I repost it.

PiBoSo

February 09, 2012, 06:58:59 PM #1 Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:18:41 PM by PiBoSo
The code for "ghost" drivers is already done. The kart would just need a nice shader.
However, the problem is that it wouldn't be realistic. And Kart Racing Pro tries to be as realistic as possible

dibu

Yes, strictly speaking a ghost is not realistic. But if I go to a track with a friend and try to copy his line it's similar. Both ways could help to improve my driving skills. I would enjoy it.

Now KRP has also some unrealistic (optional) features like driving helps, best line etc.

Nitrox

February 09, 2012, 11:20:31 PM #3 Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 01:18:58 PM by PiBoSo
I think it would not disturb realism. Running a realistic sim would mean that one of its purposes is to let people train their real life driving skills. A ghost kart would help improving skills.

And thanks for your answer :)

esiea

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 09, 2012, 06:58:59 PM
The code for "ghost" drivers is already done. The kart would just need a nice shader.
However, the problem is that it wouldn't be realistic. And Kart Racing Pro tries to be as realistic as possible

Is the ghost code available in the input/output plugin ? I would like to use it for one of my projects in KRP.

PiBoSo

Quote from: esiea on November 26, 2014, 07:16:23 PM

Is the ghost code available in the input/output plugin ? I would like to use it for one of my projects in KRP.

"Trainer" has been added a long time ago.
What is your project?

esiea

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 26, 2014, 07:28:21 PM
Quote from: esiea on November 26, 2014, 07:16:23 PM

"Trainer" has been added a long time ago.
What is your project?

I added a ventilation system to simulate the wind felt during the race. I am also developping a system with sensors in order to allow blind people to train on the simulator and next year install this system on a real kart.
This would be only for the track based in Laval, France,  because I am working with its club.

esiea

I've juste seen that you added the "trainer" but what I want is a dynamic ghost (I mean when i'm driving I want my best time on this session as ghost not an old session), does it work with trainer ?

PiBoSo

Quote from: esiea on November 26, 2014, 10:23:39 PM
I've juste seen that you added the "trainer" but what I want is a dynamic ghost (I mean when i'm driving I want my best time on this session as ghost not an old session), does it work with trainer ?

The trainer is constantly updated while driving.