• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:13:40 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

EVO KRP station

Started by evo1087, February 08, 2012, 07:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

February 08, 2012, 07:05:51 AM Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 07:14:17 AM by EVO

I spend $10 on this project i had almost all the materials and tools laying around.
Needed to buy to 7' cables and 6 cable stops

Materials on hand: Kart, Steering wheel and pedals, wood, wood screws, zip ties, kart weights, lifting weights,
Tools:  Wood saw, drill with drill bits and screw driver bit, cutoff saw for quick cuts
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

robby

Haha nice one m8
Later robby

EVO

February 08, 2012, 10:00:01 AM #2 Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 07:46:42 AM by EVO
Much room for improvement want to add a buttkicker, free track, projector display (most important)
Kart steering wheel (will require machining a very unique insert peice, Stream realtime telemetry to my mycrhon4 

How does one go about streaming data from KRP to an actual mychron? is it even possible?

laraarsa

Cloudheaven

Add a DBOX motion system, would be so realistic xD
Anyway good work!

LooseEqualsFast

LOL thats awesome. Fire up the Sonik while playing for authentic "smellivision"
KZ: WildKart Warrior | TM K9B | Hoosier Tires
Formula A: Tony//Kart Extreme | Vortex VR-98

Racehard

February 08, 2012, 07:49:29 PM #6 Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 07:51:03 PM by Racehard
Great, the kart looks like it still could be driven though  ;D

Yeah you could improve the sound when running the real engine in background and like LooseEqualsFast said for the smell.

EVO

February 08, 2012, 09:46:52 PM #7 Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 10:08:53 PM by EVO
its my primary kart.  I still drive it, but not now with snow outdoors and the track closed.
I have an aircooled kart that  i dont use but it would not be right for the watercooled karts in KRP.
lol smellvision.  I would fumeigate myself to death if i run the enigne in my basement.
I should be getting a good deal on a projector very soon.  I will be content for awhile after that

Praying they make a 5 degreee direct drive sprocket so i dont have to machine one.  Once i get it, Im good to go. I give the engine 4 runs.  You think i should leave the starter gear?
I took it off and put six metal washers which are slightly lighter, with much less centrifugal force on the crackshaft arm.

EVO

robby how do i set up a projector so my head doesnt get in the picture.  Do i put it up high or off to the side and adjust the keystone or something like that.  Also will i be able to see with the lights still on? 

Nitrox

I would rather put it high, i think that could work better.

Wether you can still see everything with lights on depends on which projector is used. Brightness can be compared in "lumen" or "candela" (I think lumen is used with projectors).
It will definately be better to have the lights dimmed, especially concerning the contrast. This is because the projected black is just an illusion and can only be as dark as the wall/projection space itself is.
If you get an older model, you will definately have to keep lights dimmed.

Cloudheaven

I would prefer a system with 3 monitors, rather than a video projector, more visual and less cost.

Nitrox

I think I would get a cheap 37-42 inch tv. If it is fast enough, it should be a good solution :)

EVO

Vladimir Shestakov

+1 for projector!
Good work, wanna build something like that.

EVO

It was actual super easy. if anyone wants more pictures or drawings and instructions just ask away