• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:06:51 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Beta 6

Started by Aritz, February 02, 2012, 10:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersic

February 14, 2012, 04:19:57 PM #75 Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:28:27 PM by supersic
Cloudheaven, did you ever raced on a kart track? They are exrtremly bumpy, especially in turns.

@aritz: the main problem is that the most tracks of the community are incredibly low poly. If your road is already hq, the its easy to create small and perfect bumps.

Aritz

Quote from: supersic on February 14, 2012, 04:19:57 PM
Cloudheaven, did you every raced on a kart track? They are exrtremly bumpy, especially in corners.

@aritz: the main problem is that the most tracks of the community are incredibly low poly. If your road is already hq, the its easy to create small and perfect bumps.

Understood :)

Could you tell us how many polygons are accepted for road texture in a game like this? I am just doing a track :)

supersic

So much that the tuns looks smooth. I see that nearly every BTB track has so much "corners" in turns it looks just ugly and outdated.

Aritz

Quote from: supersic on February 14, 2012, 04:27:09 PM
So much that the tuns looks smooth. I see that nearly every BTB track has so much "corners" in turns it looks just ugly and outdated.

I am using 1 polygon line each meter, is that low?

Cloudheaven

Quote from: supersic on February 14, 2012, 04:19:57 PM
Cloudheaven, did you ever raced on a kart track? They are exrtremly bumpy, especially in turns.

It only depends by the track, most of the kart track usually are not so bumpy like you said, where do you live?
Anyway I have raced several track 10/12, short and long distance (450m/1699m).

EVO

February 14, 2012, 04:47:35 PM #80 Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:53:53 PM by EVO
Aritz remember the first version of my velodrom track how bumpy it was.  I went back and 4X the mesh quality.  I think you can do that in BTB.  In 3ds max I used turbo smooth modifier which added even more quality.  Now you can take almost any line you want on the 50 degree banked turns the problem is the exit where in drops to only 15 degree banking, it is still smooth but too drastic of a drop.  KRP handles the it very well for such a drop not sharp like you say.  I want to go back to the Lydd track and finalize it with turbo smooth and more detail for the kerbs.  The track is almost completly surrounded with kerbs so it makes it really challenging, once you go off course its hard to get back on track so smooth driving is essential and difficult becuse the track has a crown on the middle making some turns like the last one (which needs smoothening the most) very difficult. 
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

EVO

supersic you should release a track i am sure we could all learn alot from it.  There was another guy with awesome max skills working on a french track, but he vanished.  I want to start a another track using Max start to finish.  TO make the basic layout I am going to trace the inside of the track then loft a cross section and then pick vertices and move them becuase the track is different widths and some turns are diamond cut. The track is in a parking lot so its flat with some bumps where the karts have ripped up the asphalt and where they have put concrete.  My friend who is a pro at the track will help me test it becuase he knows where there are bumps that I have never felt and I have nearly 100 laps there. He can drive it with his eyes closed

supersic

Quote from: EVO on February 14, 2012, 04:59:24 PM
supersic you should release a track i am sure we could all learn alot from it.
I stopped making tracks, and due to the nda i cant release tracks i made in the past. I made an application to Piboso but unfortunatly he does not reply...

Quote from: Aritz on February 14, 2012, 04:29:15 PM

Hell yeah, i have maybe 10x more. But i guess thats the problem with BTB, go and learn 3dsmax, it will have many many advantages for you.

Aritz

Quote from: supersic on February 14, 2012, 05:09:17 PM
Quote from: EVO on February 14, 2012, 04:59:24 PM
supersic you should release a track i am sure we could all learn alot from it.
I stopped making tracks, and due to the nda i cant release tracks i made in the past. I made an application to Piboso but unfortunatly he does not reply...

Quote from: Aritz on February 14, 2012, 04:29:15 PM

I use 3dmax but not for the beggining of the track. I use first BTB only for the road, kerbs and grass. Then I go to 3dmax to improve those and to do the objects.

Hell yeah, i have maybe 10x more. But i guess thats the problem with BTB, go and learn 3dsmax, it will have many many advantages for you.

Aritz

Piboso doesn't use that amount of polygons, so I guess it is not allowed for this game:

laraarsa

Guys we need to discuss Beta 6, not how much polygons to use per meter :P

Aritz

Yep, sorry :D

We should open a thread on the right place, TRACKS

supersic

Quote from: Aritz on February 14, 2012, 05:30:25 PM
Piboso doesn't use that amount of polygons, so I guess it is not allowed for this game:

Thats exactly what i mean. He used a bit to much poly on the straights but you cant see any corners in the turns ingame. The Main KRP Tracks are really good .

laraarsa

EVO

facepalm action. one last question who was the nda with the private clubs that want there tracks? You can't release certain tracks i guessing, but you can create new ones right?