• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:01:28 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Shadows

Started by franmedo, January 30, 2012, 03:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franmedo

Hello!

I read that everything will cast shadows and it does, except my cones. I already named them different (also the textures) but it doesnt help.

Also the verges on the sand (which have CK like on essays sand) doesnt receive shadows( a tirewall is next to it so i can see that ) I already called it shad_verge but it also doesnt help.

Any suggestions please? Looks pretty ugly with this problems

Thanks in advance!!

PiBoSo

Quote from: franmedo on January 30, 2012, 03:54:39 PM
Hello!

I read that everything will cast shadows and it does, except my cones. I already named them different (also the textures) but it doesnt help.

Also the verges on the sand (which have CK like on essays sand) doesnt receive shadows( a tirewall is next to it so i can see that ) I already called it shad_verge but it also doesnt help.

Any suggestions please? Looks pretty ugly with this problems

Thanks in advance!!

Polygons mapped with textures with alpha channel will not receive shadows.

franmedo

January 30, 2012, 04:08:58 PM #2 Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 04:12:00 PM by franmedo
Ok thanks, hopefully you can fix this in beta 6.
You have and idea on the other problem?
And how can i can tell a objects that it should not cast shadow?:D

Nitrox

Just remove alpha channel and you'll be fine :)

franmedo

Quote from: Nitrox on January 30, 2012, 04:13:27 PM
Just remove alpha channel and you'll be fine :)
What do you mean? Remove alpha channel on a verge? But then the verge is useless.
And the cones have no alpha channel. ;)

Nitrox

Yes I mainly referred to the cones. Concerning the verge it depends on how you built it, you could have also blend the texture itself or use bump map. It might be difficult though.. All in all, I don't think you will even notice shadow on cones while racing ;)

franmedo

My cones have no alpha channel. And yes you won't notice it while racing but its a nice detail i want to have :P I mean, everything is casting shadows!
And how you mean it to blend the texture itself instead of alpha channel?
thx in advance

franmedo

maxrod

Do you mean they are not createing a shadow or receive shadow, Have you tried to place them in a different place to see if they make a shadow somewhere else, can you rebuild them as a cone is i simple object to create.

franmedo

Quote from: maxrod on February 01, 2012, 05:59:35 PM
Do you mean they are not createing a shadow or receive shadow, Have you tried to place them in a different place to see if they make a shadow somewhere else, can you rebuild them as a cone is i simple object to create.

They do not creating shadows. They are placed around the track, but non of the cones cast shadows. I also  have 2 different cone styles, so i already build "antoher one". I already called them and their textures completly different but they just dont cast shadows, i have no fucking idea whats going wrong!

Also can someone tell me what can i do to force an object that it should not cast shadows? On some things its useless and ugly

whitham69

make a shadow tga and model and use the decal prefix to add them to the track, it wont move around but you got a shadow

EVO

never thought of that great idea
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

franmedo

Thanks but i dont want to improvise. The Main questions is: how can i make a object NOT casting shadows?
Please help piboso!

PiBoSo

Quote from: franmedo on February 03, 2012, 09:34:25 AM
Thanks but i dont want to improvise. The Main questions is: how can i make a object NOT casting shadows?
Please help piboso!

It is not possible at the moment.

franmedo

Thanks for the answer! And how do you explain that my cones do not cast shadow?:(