• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:00:36 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Loss of FFB after a few laps

Started by David Waters, January 26, 2012, 04:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Waters

Hi,

I've noticed a bug with KRP which I thought had been pretty much fixed with Beta 4, but which is now even worse with Beta 5. After doing 1, maybe 2 laps I lose FFB completely. It's usually after going over a bump or a curb. It happens with my setup at home (Driving Force GT) and the one on the simulator we're running KRP on, which has a FREX wheel. With Beta 4 it happened much less frequently, but now I've downloaded Beta 5 it's exactly the same as it was with Beta 3.

Is there any chance of this being fixed for the next release?

PiBoSo

Is there a specific track where it happens more frequently? Or is the problem the same on any circuit?

Hansen24

It only accoured for me on mariemburg and DKC
Driver for G.P Racing denmark
KZ2

dibu

January 26, 2012, 10:00:10 PM #3 Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 10:03:42 PM by dibu
Dijon and ToowoombaKartClub are also problem childs.  :(

David Waters

It happens much more frequently on tracks where there are two overlapping pieces of tarmac (usually caused by having multiple layouts in Bob's Track Builder) however it does also sometimes happen on other tracks, for example on one of my tracks where I have welded two tracks together after importing into 3DSMax and deleted the tarmac underneath, it still happens occasionally.

PiBoSo

When force-feedback is lost, does pressing ESC twice solve the problem?

PiBoSo

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 02, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

Bump

maxrod

Could this be anything to do with operation systems, I have changed mine from windows xp, Where i built some tracks which had the same problems, I changed it to windows 64bit and i think that was it,I may be wrong, May be software when building or converting track.

dibu

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 02, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

No, it does definitely not solve the problem.  I just did a short test at DKC offline and lost FFB in the first lap. Pressing ESC twice didn't bring FFB back, also multiple attempts didn't help.

If FFB is lost, the only way is to go back to garage.

Nitrox

Thank you PiBoSo for having a look a this very annoying problem, I hope you'll find a solution.

As for affected Toowoomba Track, i could also test anything you want in 3Ds Max. It just seems like it rather has to do with BTB version used for creation, as for another track i converted it does not occur. I cannot confirm that it is only overlapping track parts - there are several tracks with this working fine.

PiBoSo

The loss of FFB problem should now be solved. The fix will be integrated in Beta6.

Ryan Harris

thats what i like to hear!!!! thanks heaps Piboso

David Waters

Nitrox

Wooohoo that's great. I'll continue with Toowoomba when I have the time :)

EVO

David Waters have you released any tracks to the public? i know you made Kerpen have you optimized it for KRP, its one of my top 3  favorite tracks
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website