• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:08:04 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Onboard HD video from real life kart racing

Started by richard watson, January 23, 2012, 05:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richard watson

Club racing in Texas. Mixed KZ2, Modified and stock moto engine shifters. Track is short and racing a shifter here is brutal work, but fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eew1bVpj2-0&context=C3be9ae5ADOEgsToPDskIcv0QYvcyYOd3y7wu4Xbm0

Richard

Nitrox

Haha great video. I bet cutting those corners really hurts after some time XD
Very good video quality!

LooseEqualsFast

January 25, 2012, 03:51:46 AM #2 Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 04:02:32 AM by LooseEqualsFast
Cool vid, plenty of action! Cold track, struggling for grip?
99 looked like he'd rather drive a Skyline or something than a KZ :D

Here's my holeshot: http://vimeo.com/27518042
Complete other end of the scale on gearing 18:23ish I think.
Richard, what gearing were you running there? Almost sounds shorter than some of the supernats stuff. More time off the throttle than on it!
KZ: WildKart Warrior | TM K9B | Hoosier Tires
Formula A: Tony//Kart Extreme | Vortex VR-98

EVO

January 25, 2012, 06:54:52 AM #3 Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:58:05 PM by EVO
that was an insane start.  Quite the risk taker there.  Those guys couldve made you a pancake on that concrete pit wall.  What speeds do you get up to on that road course 80-90?  i could do the calculation with the tire circumferance, RPM, and gear ratio but i'd rather speculate.   also what happened at the end there a little before the apex? the engine sounded like it was starving for fuel maybe
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

LooseEqualsFast

January 25, 2012, 07:16:14 AM #4 Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:19:16 AM by LooseEqualsFast
I was geared for 106MPH at 14,200 so more like 104 without a tow/draft. I'll check the data from the MyChron, assuming I had the time to put the correct circumference in. Other guys were hitting about 111ish with 18/22 gear. My motor wouldn't pull that gear though, if I had more time for jetting changes I probably could have pulled the 18/22, but I didnt even get out in qualifying, hence the back of the grid start.
Yeah it was close for a while alright, I glanced across the grid as I went for the gap and figured that nobody was going to move too much would have been a shame to waste a launch like that!
You got it in one with the issue. Fuel starvation and it got worse and worse as the day went on. I had to park it as it was getting dangerous and just not fair to be an unpredictable roadblock like that. I think the "T" on the fuel pipe was too close to the carb inlet. Doesn't really matter now as I have a different kart for 2012. The one in this vid is a TonyKart Mitox and a MC Motori BAT3.

EVO

January 25, 2012, 07:21:07 AM #5 Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 07:24:06 AM by EVO
good luck with your racing and equipment! a trueely awesome start.  i need to find the start where the guy two wheels he launches so hard

look at the orange kart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCel_JvGnFA

LooseEqualsFast

Quote from: EVO on January 25, 2012, 07:21:07 AM
good luck with your racing and equipment! a trueely awesome start.  i need to find the start where the guy two wheels he launches so hard

look at the orange kart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCel_JvGnFA

Thanks.
Looks like that guy got hit from behind?

EVO

then that wasnt the video i meant lol
I thought it might have been this one but it doesnt happen either
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5laqWNsgW-c  dam it must be seeing things

richard watson

@ Loose

It is a short track, top speed is 70 mph, we run 14/26 to 15/27 gears. The track was kind of slippery that day, it grips up in the summer. Yeah 99 is a new guy, he is learning pretty quick though.

Richard

cnt997

I hate that track with all my guts. It sucks so much balls its not even funny. All tracks in texas a shit expet for MSR and DCK

LooseEqualsFast

EVO

I thought only the shifters had exhasut pipes like that. in the other thread you said that in KRP you slide to much.  and i see that here.  The track has tons of grip!  i also notice you have to brake more than we do in KRP in KC1.
In the seiries of hairpins before the start/finish.  in the second hairpin we only tap the brakes or in KC3 just lift. in KRP but in real life i see more braking is required.  What do you think? How do the super Rok compared to regular Rok?

andrius22

March 05, 2012, 07:53:06 PM #13 Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:58:20 PM by andrius22
First of all the driver,which filmed this,is not very good driver:D.And hairpins you don't have to brake any time,expect the first hairpin corner,after a long straight :D.About the braking,i can said that,the good drivers don't brake so much,and so long as this driver.And ofcourse,as I said before,the grip in krp in lonato,should be much more better,because as you can see in the video,there is no slipping,expect the slips from braking when you are turning.And about the super rok,super rok max rpm is 16700 ,and rok is 13800,so super rok,is more like kf2.And super rok brake a bit more.