• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:52:24 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Started by Clive Loynes, January 09, 2012, 10:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive Loynes

Just wanted to congratulate the creators of this sim.

I started racing karts in 1962ish and as you can see from my avatar we used to race in black and white.

This sim must be the nearest thing to actually driving a racing kart and it's so much easier on my ribs!

Well done.

Might see you on-line if I ever get the hang of the setups and manage to keep to the damn rolling start speed limit.

My avatar is Rye House btw circa 1965.
It is perfectly possible for a man to be a fool but not know it................................unless he is married!

tubefactor

Welcome Clive,

Here another old geezer...
Now I know who was the model as was used on one of my trophees (see my avatar) :D

And I agree, this is the best sim to remember those good old days
When it looks fast it usually goes fast....

Clive Loynes

January 10, 2012, 08:53:04 PM #2 Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:57:37 PM by Clive Loynes
LOL

Must be a Dutch relative.

I joined a server tonight and whilst there were just two of us in there all seemed reasonable.

Two more people joined and my frame rate dropped to a level that was not useable.

Any ideas?
It is perfectly possible for a man to be a fool but not know it................................unless he is married!

Clive Loynes

I'm having real problems getting KRP to run properly and wonder if my cpu is up to it. (Can't remember what it is either but it is dual core)

Off-line at Lonato the first right hander after you come out of the pits causes a bit of a drop in frame rate but can be lived with.  I race other sims such as GTR2 and PnG without any issues on frame rate but the rapid changes of direction in a kart are more like crashes in full size cars.

However, when I go on-line the frame rate is awful as soon as anyone joins.  If there are four people on the server I just have to leave.

I have turned off all the eye-candy and also dropped the resolution to see if that made any difference but it didn't.  I don't think that it is a Beta5 issue either as the frame rate has been a problem from day one.

I have reduced draw distance too and also resorted to running GameBooster, something that I don't need to do for GTR2 etc.

I don't have any figures on fps, I just happen to notice that there are big lumps of the corner that go missing.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Clive Loynes on January 13, 2012, 06:08:46 PM
I'm having real problems getting KRP to run properly and wonder if my cpu is up to it. (Can't remember what it is either but it is dual core)

Off-line at Lonato the first right hander after you come out of the pits causes a bit of a drop in frame rate but can be lived with.  I race other sims such as GTR2 and PnG without any issues on frame rate but the rapid changes of direction in a kart are more like crashes in full size cars.

However, when I go on-line the frame rate is awful as soon as anyone joins.  If there are four people on the server I just have to leave.

I have turned off all the eye-candy and also dropped the resolution to see if that made any difference but it didn't.  I don't think that it is a Beta5 issue either as the frame rate has been a problem from day one.

I have reduced draw distance too and also resorted to running GameBooster, something that I don't need to do for GTR2 etc.

I don't have any figures on fps, I just happen to notice that there are big lumps of the corner that go missing.

Could you please post the hardware specifications?
Are graphics drivers up to date?

Clive Loynes

CPU
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.2 GHz

RAM
2 GB

GFX
NVIDIA Quadro 600
Driver 6.14.12.7536

I will check the driver to see if there is anything newer.

Thanks

PiBoSo

January 13, 2012, 08:44:23 PM #6 Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 08:57:59 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Clive Loynes on January 13, 2012, 08:19:22 PM
CPU
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ 2.2 GHz

RAM
2 GB

GFX
NVIDIA Quadro 600
Driver 6.14.12.7536

I will check the driver to see if there is anything newer.

Thanks

This hardware should be more than adequate to run Kart Racing Pro with good framerate.
Hopefully a graphics drivers update can solve the problem, unless there is a Quadro-specific bottleneck.

Clive Loynes

I have updated the driver with no great benefit to the one they released on 19th Dec.

I'm on XP, does that make a difference?

And whilst the GFX card is "directx11 compliant" I don't know if I have it.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Clive Loynes on January 13, 2012, 10:14:12 PM
I have updated the driver with no great benefit to the one they released on 19th Dec.

It shouldn't make any difference.
There seems to be a problem in the graphics engine, that will be investigated.

Clive Loynes

I had another go at installing the updated driver and whilst it did suffer a lock up on the first trial there has been an improvement.

I was able to go on-line and do a lap within .5sec of my best but there was nobody else on the server so I don't know if that side of this is any better.

Will try to test tonight.

Thanks

Clive Loynes

Thanks for the help.

I seem to be able to go on-line with other karts now but I'm getting a lot of freezes and Run Time Errors.

The race start sequence takes so getting used to as well.

A guy called Leon and I tried to race last night and never made it in about five attempts due to one of us always being disqualified.  When we did finally get under way he beat me to the first corner and then vanished.  The chat window did not say that he had been disqualified and according to the replay window he was still out there somewhere.  But I couldn't see him.

Is there any information on the run time errors that I can make a note of to help understand what is going on?

Bruno Saboia

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 13, 2012, 11:49:55 PM
Quote from: Clive Loynes on January 13, 2012, 10:14:12 PM

It shouldn't make any difference.
There seems to be a problem in the graphics engine, that will be investigated.

There is a problem certainly, PiBoSo. My specs are:

i7 SandyBridge 2600+
ATI Radeon HD 6950
16 GB of RAM
Samsung SSD HD

And what I've noticed:

* KRP is the game that takes longer to load on my machine. I have Skyrim and Battlefield 3 installed, both take less to load than KRP
* The frame rate drop occurs no matter what hardware specs I've got. With this PC, it should be impossible to feel any FPS drop on KRP, which is relatively easy on graphics in comparison to other titles
* Frame drop and crashes are more common in Lonato than Essay

That is what I can help you with at the moment.

"Racing, competing, is in my blood. Is part of me, part of my life".

-Ayrton Senna

robby

Hi bruno

Ihad the same problem wen i was running win xk with other race games

I had a look at things back then and found out win xp das only suport up to 4 gb off ram the more i put in the slower some games became it was a windows problem they told me
I took contact wit them and they told me if i got more ram in it could cose problems wit serten progs so i took som out and it dit work back than i now olso the home edition of win7 suports only 8 gb you cood put more in bad it wil use only 8 i heve 12 gb and only use 8 and wen i startup it tels i heve 12 gb

Regards robby

dibu

Quote from: robby on January 20, 2012, 09:55:21 AM
... i now olso the home edition of win7 suports only 8 gb you cood put more in bad it wil use only 8 i heve 12 gb and only use 8 and wen i startup it tels i heve 12 gb

The 8 GB limit for Win7 X64 is only valid for the Home Basic version.
Home Premium supports 16GB. Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise 192GB.

If your Win7 64bit (not Home Basic Edition) shows less memory than your Bios, you should check the advanced boot options.

Go to Start, in the search bar type msconfig and press enter
System Configuration window will open on the screen
Click on tab named "boot"
Click on "Advanced Options" and uncheck the box for "Maximum Memory"

Source: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

robby

thanks dibu

i wil have a look at it  :D

regards robby