• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:35:40 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

KaRTA (Kart Racing Pro Telemetry Analyser)

Started by Fredrik, January 08, 2012, 02:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fredrik

I've created a tool to analyse the telemetry data generated from Kart Raing Pro.

You can find the tool on http://www.lautrup.se/KaRTA/

This is the first release and I have only tested the tool using a limited number of files (I attach a test file to this message). So please have patiens if not all is working as intended.

If you have ideas on improvements please let me know, and I will perhaps do it in my limited spare time (or feal free to enhance your self you find the project at https://github.com/flautrup/KaRTA)

jarowww

Nice, great effort! I was also trying to work on graphic telemetry but it isn't as advanced as yours.

Racehard

Looks very good, I'll try it when I have some time to play around with it  :)

tubefactor

Hi,

Great idea, unfortunatly it does not work on my computer :'(

When I use the link, the program opens without futher installation on the PC.
I assume this is correct?

Then I load the demo data file and nothing really happens?!

Any idea what could be the cause?

Again great initiative as it will help to better understand the effect of set up adjustments etc.

Gr
Tube
When it looks fast it usually goes fast....

Fredrik

January 08, 2012, 06:20:22 PM #4 Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:04:22 PM by Fredrik
The tool is build in JavaScript so all is executed in the browser. I have only tested the tool using Chrome (limited testing with IE9 and that worked) so it could be a browser problem.

I have not done extensive  testing of diffrent tracks and sizes of files so it would be good to get access to some files for testing so if you have some good files please send them to fredrik.lautrup at gmail.com .

dibu

Very nice, thank you very much.  :) I have been long time waiting for such a tool.
Works fine with Firefox, my IE seems to have problems.

tubefactor

I now have installed chrome, as I was using IE instead.
Different interface look showed up, looking promising, however after loading the demo data file I now get the Java script message:

>Security Error<  :-\

Nevertheless, I'll gather some files and mail them to you in order to support your development of what will be a great tool.

After reading dibu's post I might give Firefox a try as well

Cheers,
TubeFactor

Fredrik

I have seen this error before. I use the HTML5 file api and that will not work if the code is loaded locally for security reasons.

Is it so that you are running some type of local proxy that could cause this problem?

tubefactor

Sorry but I'm not a computer whizz kid so don't know about proxy whatsoever.

But I did test Firefox and then the demo file worked :)
However, when loading a file of my own no data is shown :(

The good news however is that there is no security error.

I'll PM you my file, so you can check if you like

Fredrik

I have updated to a new version that should work better.

Schwoni

thanks i will test later again. Yesterday i did my first test but it was not real because it shows that i brake and loose throttle at the straights :D or i didn`t understand this ^^

arisfaria

I tested it, it works, here are some things that I think it would make it much better and more 'professional' looking:
Take a look at atlas or motec.

-First wih a black background I think we could appreciate more the graphics, if you could put like in one page Throttle, brake, steering and speed like Atlas, and then when you put the cursor at one point it shows you the steering, throttle and brake for that point.

-Wider graphics, maybe a full screen option where you can see the graphics really wide like atlas again; the graphics are the most important thing so you have to be able to see every detail of them. I think this graphics need grids and if the lines of the graphics are thinner I think it would look better

-Options to hide laps, Maybe I would like to compare just 2 laps, there should be an option where you hide the other ones and just see the ones you want.

-The 'layout of the track': if you could connect each point I think it would look better, and once again if we could see the graphic bigger too. I dont think this graphic needs all that grid

Fredrik

Thanks for the feedback I will have a look at them and see what can be done to enhance it.

Some of the things you ask for is already possible (but not intuitive)

All graphs are zoomable so if you click and drag in a  graph you can zoom in and then reset back.

I probably will change this but it is possible to hide laps today, if you click the series in the graph (for example lap0) that lap will be hidden and if you click again it will be shown again.

dibu

If I have more than ten laps, I didn't find a way to compare the speed of e.g. lap 20 and 34. I can only remove the first 10 laps. In the circuit diagram I can remove more.

Attached is a .csv of 45 laps in Goldenport for your tests.

Fredrik

New and hopefully improved version ready at http://www.lautrup.se/KaRTA/

Changes:
Colors of graphs to improve readability
New way of selecting laps to make it easier
Several minor changes!