• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:10:25 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

I can't open my ports!

Started by laraarsa, January 06, 2012, 05:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laraarsa

I can't open my ports can anyone help?

The Iceman Marco

dibu

What exactly is your problem?

Do you also use a Thomson TG789vn - Experia Box from KPN ?

Rupe W

i have same router modem  ... tricky to do  but it works...

dibu

The Iceman Marco would be happy if you can show him the trick.

I tried to help him in a remote session, but didn't succeed.
KPN messed up the original Thomson firmware and they know about the portforwarding bug.

As his phones are also using this router, I stopped when it came to the point where I had to change the settings in a ssh or telnet session.
He lives too far from my home in case something goes wrong... ;)

laraarsa

Quote from: Rupe W on January 07, 2012, 02:53:46 AM
i have same router modem  ... tricky to do  but it works...
Rupe,Can you explain how to do it?

The Iceman Marco

Rupe W

ok guy i used the portforward instuction and it worked...http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Thomson-Alcatel/TG789vn/Steam_Server.htm
(Port forward have this bit wrong)
to enter a series of ports say 23000-23100 in the  boxes you do this   23000
                                                                                                               23000
                                                                                                     23100

then assign it to your pc... and save..

hope this helps 
check it on a daily basis it kpn love to change your ip....

The Iceman Marco

Can you show a screen of how you've filled in this:

Rupe W

the link has pictures... scroll down , you can do it just by following the pictures. i have all my ports open under 1 game in my router...

Rupe W

January 08, 2012, 07:23:05 AM #10 Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 07:43:24 PM by Rupe W
Here my attempt  to show you how to open port on a kpn router..
(screen capture.. image shack... )
ok
first make a  folder name kartRrace Pro
manual entry box ticked
hit next

now input the the ports

click the add button

click the add button

click the add button
you now have to add 1 on the end of kartRace pro   now it reads  KartRace Pro1....IF THIS DOES NOT WORK AT THE END MISS OUT THIS BIT AND GO STRAIGHT TO ASSIGN A GAME OR APPLICATION TO A NETWORK DEVISE..... UPDATE...

click on apply
now your going to... Assign a game or aplication to a network devise

note that the uPnP box is ticked and the extended sercurity is unticked
click on blue box to open it up scroll down  and find KartRace Pro1 andmake sure box reads    eigenaar pc     then click add

now click the apply button

you end up with this....

hope this might help... its works on this modem watch out for ip change....
ports will close.. if it doesnt say eigenaar pc .. your  ip is not good
you will lose info if Router resets itself... UPDATED AS THIS ALSO WORKS

dibu

Rupe, I just tried to connect to your server and I get a connection timeout. Your server also doesn't show a ping. See the attached screen.

Your descripition shows exactly what we have done at Marcos router, except for port 53, which has only to reachable outgoing  for address resolution.
It should work, but at least at his router it doesn't. Read the reports at google about the kpn version of this firmware und you'll find that many users have the same problem. It works with playstations via UPNP, but pc users still have problems.
For example here: http://forums.pcwintech.com/index.php?topic=1472.0

Rupe W

i was testing my setting sorry i tuned my ports off...ill be on later...
there are lots of ways to get the router working, but allot will fail after a couple of days (mine does) this was shown to me by kpn service man)
ive found you cant have to many ports open... i have also a linksy aswell...

dibu

Thanks for your reply, I can't do any testing here, because this router and KPN have some special singularities.

What can Marco and laraarsa do to get it running? Is KPN offering another router which is working or do they simply want to prevent people from running any kind of servers?

Rupe W

Ive looked at loads of forums about this modem... alot of people reboot/restart their modems if you notice i dont do that and the ports say there are open when you check with port checker,if i restart router i loose the ports..., i also run a dedi/or host  for race07, netkar and various games.. ive never got mw2 to open its nat...even though uPnP should take care of that..(it doesnt on a xbox) but i have opened ports so my xbox has a open nat for other games...
My ports are open on my router if i set up a kart sever and check ports again the 10600 is in use and the 10610 is still open.. (portchecker used)
if i do the same with linksys and a dmz i get the same results...on some peoples it works some it doesnt...its not good but you can pick up a cheap modem that will do the trick if all else fails...