• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:14:48 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta5

Started by PiBoSo, January 05, 2012, 02:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racehard

Where exactly are your problems based?

If it is a different steering behaviour, you could try change steering lock and ackermann in setup until the steering feels more like in beta 4 again. This was my main problem at the beginning.
If you have problems with the general behaviour of the kart just do some more laps, you will get used to it.

maranello

Hi,

No the steering is unpredictable.  The same for brake and accelerate.  It feels like until a certain point it doesn't steer and then suddenly it steers.  When you accelerate out of a corner, for example it feels like the accelerator is not responding at first, and then suddenly the power is there, and of course then have a lot of oversteer or sometimes even a spin.  It's difficult to explain.  I've tried a lot with the steering wheel setup, deadzone, etc... It doesn't feel natural.  I used my setups from beta4.

Aritz

have you delete the "PiBoSo" folder from "my documents" before the new beta installation? Many people didn't and they are reporting the same KS1 behaviour.

If yes, try with this setup:

Wheel 180 degrees (as real karting)
Caster 10
Camber -5
TOEin 1
Front Height 2 / Pressures 0,70 / Track width 1215
Rear height 3 / pressures 0,75 / Track width 1375

Chassis:
Axle 50mm SOFT
Front bar out, front bumper tight
mid bar out, side bumpers tight
rear bar out, bumper loose
Seat horizontal 0 to -5 (very important change)
Vertical -2 (less radical, better drifts)
Stays 4

This setup will change a lot the behaviour! Even from oversteered to understeered!

Aritz

Quote from: maranello on January 08, 2012, 04:59:53 PM
Hi,

No the steering is unpredictable.  The same for brake and accelerate.  It feels like until a certain point it doesn't steer and then suddenly it steers.  When you accelerate out of a corner, for example it feels like the accelerator is not responding at first, and then suddenly the power is there, and of course then have a lot of oversteer or sometimes even a spin.  It's difficult to explain.  I've tried a lot with the steering wheel setup, deadzone, etc... It doesn't feel natural.  I used my setups from beta4.

It looks like you have a not calibrated wheel problem as you said. But this is easy to know, are the bars neutral when you are in INPUT settings windows?

Racehard

Quote from: maranello on January 08, 2012, 04:59:53 PM
It feels like until a certain point it doesn't steer and then suddenly it steers.

Try to change the karts steering setup. Set steering ratio to 5:1 and set ackermann to MIN, you can find these settings in garage - others.
At first I had the same problem, then Schwoni gave me this advice and steering felt way better then.

Aritz

5:1 no!

You both have a problem... Nobody uses 5:1, it is shit, no steer at all
Make a clean installation and then write here, I am sure you have a mixed beta 4 and 5 files or something :)

Schwoni

no he`s right  in beta 4 we could steer to each side nearly exactly 90 degrees, now in beta 5 it is a bit more less let`s say 80 - 85 degrees so u feel thet more direct steering ;)

crazymasterblaster

I appreciate the work going into this game but i have worse problems than beta 4 when online. It still stutters and freezes and for me online play is still impossible so will have to wait for beta 6. The game actually crashes alot more for me than before, some sort of runtime errors.

I think it would be good to concentrate on getting the multiplayer side of the game running smoothly as a number one priority and then fine tune the karts later.

Offline testing i am experiencing no problems apart from lag on mod tracks.

Oh well i will wait in anticipation and crossed fingers for beta 6.

Jason.

Snappe

Quote from: crazymasterblaster on January 08, 2012, 11:33:32 PM
I appreciate the work going into this game but i have worse problems than beta 4 when online. It still stutters and freezes and for me online play is still impossible so will have to wait for beta 6. The game actually crashes alot more for me than before, some sort of runtime errors.

Are you sure there isn't a problem elsewhere? Everbody else seems to be having a good online experience. Have you done a clean install? Drivers up-to-date, etc?

maranello

Hi everyone,

I deleted my Piboso folder from my documents folder and then restarted the game.
Before I installed KRP I renamed my old kart racing pro folder to kart racing pro.old
So I guess it's a clean install ?

I keep having the problem with the steering wheel.  In windows everything is ok.  Every time I come in the garage or even sometimes when I spin and my engine stals, the brake pedal is changed afterwards.  My kart is always 100% braking then.  When I go to the settings I see the brake bar is red.  I have to recalibrate and choose my brake pedal again.  The rest seems to stay as it is.  Even my axle seems to change every time.  One time my axle is X, and sudddenly when I have to calibrate again, my axle is Y.  Next time it's X again.  Very strange, don't know how to explain.

About the crashes, still the same problem.  Mostly when I'm in de garage.  Suddenly I cannot change any value in the setup, I can still go from 1 screen to another.  And then after a while the game just crashes.

About the steering, ratio and ackerman helped me to get it a little bit better.  But still the feeling is not ok.  I'll try to do some more laps later this week.  Aritz, thanks for the setup.  I tried it for a few laps yesterday and its definitly easier to drive.  I only wonder if I can drive a quick lap with this setup.  I don't like the feeling of understeer :))

Grtz

Maranello

Aritz

Quote from: maranello on January 09, 2012, 10:46:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I deleted my Piboso folder from my documents folder and then restarted the game.
Before I installed KRP I renamed my old kart racing pro folder to kart racing pro.old
So I guess it's a clean install ?

I keep having the problem with the steering wheel.  In windows everything is ok.  Every time I come in the garage or even sometimes when I spin and my engine stals, the brake pedal is changed afterwards.  My kart is always 100% braking then.  When I go to the settings I see the brake bar is red.  I have to recalibrate and choose my brake pedal again.  The rest seems to stay as it is.  Even my axle seems to change every time.  One time my axle is X, and sudddenly when I have to calibrate again, my axle is Y.  Next time it's X again.  Very strange, don't know how to explain.

About the crashes, still the same problem.  Mostly when I'm in de garage.  Suddenly I cannot change any value in the setup, I can still go from 1 screen to another.  And then after a while the game just crashes.

About the steering, ratio and ackerman helped me to get it a little bit better.  But still the feeling is not ok.  I'll try to do some more laps later this week.  Aritz, thanks for the setup.  I tried it for a few laps yesterday and its definitly easier to drive.  I only wonder if I can drive a quick lap with this setup.  I don't like the feeling of understeer :))

Grtz

Maranello

You should post in support forum, this needs Piboso's help :)

You can move the seat forward (+values in horizontal) and/or increase CASTER. They are very useful for the understeer or oversteer

Josi

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 06, 2012, 02:24:08 PM
Quote from: Josi on January 06, 2012, 10:57:13 AM
Really nice Beta but problems with lag in some tracks. Since Beta 4 it's impossible for me to stay on the track because of the lag... in Amsterdam Indoor it's not possible to start even.

The problem with Amsterdam Indoor is the abuse of triangles.
The collisions code could be optimized, but please compare it to a properly made surface.

Thank you so much!
So this problem is what occurs in another tracks. I thought this matter had relationship with the dynamic surface but I was completely wrong!
It would be nice to know which tracks suffer of this. As I remember right now, I think Xplex has this issue in some turns.

crazymasterblaster

Quote from: Snapper on January 09, 2012, 12:06:40 AM
Quote from: crazymasterblaster on January 08, 2012, 11:33:32 PM

Are you sure there isn't a problem elsewhere? Everbody else seems to be having a good online experience. Have you done a clean install? Drivers up-to-date, etc?

I done a clean install and have latest drivers. Reading through the posts its seems im not the only one experiencing online gameplay crashes.
Jason.

Fr33z3 X

Hi everybody

Solo mod
IA players in beta5 ??

I'm praying for this  ;D ;D
IA players on KRP ?? A best simulation !!

kramarsk

I have much crushes also. Even not in online.