• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:38:05 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta5

Started by PiBoSo, January 05, 2012, 02:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kramarsk

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 07, 2012, 12:52:28 AM
Quote from: CaseyGraves on January 07, 2012, 12:32:47 AM
When driving the shifter, if you rev the engine up to max revs with the clutch in it will shut the motor off immediately and wont allow you to restart

There is no more an rpm limiter on shifter karts.
In real life there is no problem with over reving in KZ engines. When you doing standing start you can push full throttle in the neutral and the engine is OK. :)

Aritz

January 07, 2012, 09:14:01 AM #61 Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:23:55 AM by Aritz
Quote from: kramarsk on January 07, 2012, 08:37:06 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on January 07, 2012, 12:52:28 AM
Quote from: CaseyGraves on January 07, 2012, 12:32:47 AM
When driving the shifter, if you rev the engine up to max revs with the clutch in it will shut the motor off immediately and wont allow you to restart

There is no more an rpm limiter on shifter karts.
In real life there is no problem with over reving in KZ engines. When you doing standing start you can push full throttle in the neutral and the engine is OK. :)

Yes. In fact, that is the way to adjust the carburettor; wheels on air and full throttle/non resistance at all:

http://youtu.be/nScECuPv_rw?t=45s

kramarsk

Sorry, I didn`t remove files from My Documents directory. When I did it, and reinstall the game again, huge oversteering is gone. Sorry PiBoSo. :)

Eslotes

what happend to the ks1¿
its realy diferrent :S
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Eslotes on January 07, 2012, 12:28:03 PM
what happend to the ks1¿

The shifters have a revised engine curve: less torque in low-mid range and more power drop after 14.000 rpm.

Rupe W

January 07, 2012, 12:36:15 PM #65 Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 12:47:28 PM by Rupe W
Kart Racing Pro uses UDP ports 10600 and 10610 for network protocol.
It also needs to send a DNS query ( port 53 ).

i understand upd ports and have them working,  but what to do with port 53 do we have to open this also udp/tcp

if you see my server and have a low ping come for a spin ..

with thanks Rupe... RD racer

there still seems to be alot of servers with no ping at all ... is this my end or theres.. im sure my ports are open when i run a srver....

Aritz

Quote from: PiBoSo on January 07, 2012, 12:31:27 PM
what happend to the ks1¿

The shifters have a revised engine curve: less torque in low-mid range and more power drop after 14.000 rpm.

Great :D

The Iceman Marco

Quote from: Aritz on January 07, 2012, 12:57:12 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on January 07, 2012, 12:31:27 PM
what happend to the ks1¿

Great :D

Yes it's very great, much better as in beta 4 I think, but the only thing is that it's harder to drive now. That's something everyone need to get used to that. I already did after 5 laps. But for most of the others it'll take a bit longer.

Everyone who said ks1 is different and undriveable now. Do more laps because when you get used to it, it drives easier as in beta 4. The shifting is a bit harder, especially the downshifting, but I think everyone should get used to it. When you did, it'll be very good and easier as in beta 4, believe me. ;)

Eslotes

January 07, 2012, 02:08:26 PM #68 Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:14:14 PM by Eslotes
yes but i sucks with setups, and i use default setup and i only change tyres and sprocket's no more, after 6-8 laps i dont have grip
now i have already done more than 100laps at krp in beta 5 diferent tracks..
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Kevin

Beta 5 is great!!! I love it

Aritz

Quote from: The Iceman Marco on January 07, 2012, 01:02:45 PM
Yes it's very great, much better as in beta 4 I think, but the only thing is that it's harder to drive now. That's something everyone need to get used to that. I already did after 5 laps. But for most of the others it'll take a bit longer.

Yeah, like it should be!

KZ karts are not easy to handle at all, they need a long long time for it.

I have driven 25 laps with it and I can only say this: AWESOME

The torque curve is a lot better and the physics are better too. Now driving is even more fun. The only problem is the engine blow up. That has to be fixed, is very important.

CaseyGraves

Yea I completely agree, the new physics are great been bashing around all day yesterday and today and its really close to real. The new fs250 is an absolute blast and drives just like a four stroke should in that you have to be smooth and keep momentum up. Online is alot better as well from what I've seen, on euro servers I am only getting a little bit of lag, really want to see how racing on a us server is gonna be.

Rupe W

Max ping settings... it was ejecting people before they got to track.. with pings of about 50  even though i had it set to 150  max  but it still crashed the game a couple of times.. It also let in a guy with a ping of 300 (but his kart was stable on track beter than some with a ping of 60)

Stark

KRP has gone a long way since beta 1, and it has done so in only a year. Well done Piboso.  :)
JP- Racing

You must always believe you will become the best, but you must never believe you have done so. - Juan Manuel Fangio

maranello

Hi,

I only have this game for a couple of weeks now.  I have to say beta4 was a lot more fun to drive.   I don't know what exactly changed, I only drive KS1.  For me it's even undrivable now.  I tried for about 2 hours and gave up...  My steering wheel is a thrustmaster ferrari.

I also have some strange problems.  For example I have to calibrate my steering wheel almost every time a leave the garage.  Sometimes the kart suddenly starts braking, and I have to recalibrate.  Then it works again, untill I go to the garage and leave again.

I also had a lot of crashes since the new version.  The game stops responding and after 30 seconds or so windows tells me the program has closed because it stopped responding.

With beta4 I didn't have these problems.

Grtz Maranello