• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:58:36 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Mod track is not appearing in game

Started by LaZ 64!, November 19, 2023, 04:20:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaZ 64!

Yeah, so I made a mod track of East Coast Karting, (its really basic but whatever) and ive done the transferred files from other tracks and editing them, conversions, etc. All for it to not show ingame, what on earth am I doing wrong? I attached a photo of the file below.
Cheers,
Legend 64.

LXS77

Quote from: LaZ 64! on November 19, 2023, 04:20:26 AMAll for it to not show ingame, what on earth am I doing wrong?

Well, it looks like all required files are there and the filenames are OK. If the folder name reads eck and is located at Documents > PiBoso > Kart Racing Pro > mods > tracks, then the folder structure is OK too.

Can you give more details on what's happening when you go to the list of tracks in the game? Is the track not on the list or does the game freeze on loading the track?

LaZ 64!

November 19, 2023, 03:16:41 PM #2 Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 03:20:04 PM by LaZ 64!
Quote from: LXS77 on November 19, 2023, 12:25:20 PMWell, it looks like all required files are there and the filenames are OK. If the folder name reads eck and is located at Documents > PiBoso > Kart Racing Pro > mods > tracks, then the folder structure is OK too.

Can you give more details on what's happening when you go to the list of tracks in the game? Is the track not on the list or does the game freeze on loading the track?

It does not appear in the list. It might be because I took a couple files from other maps and put them in. It could also be that I was using the Satellite (sat.) image of the track on a plane labeled TRKGRAS, but I doubt thats the issue. Something I could do is start from scratch with the file (like deleting everything in it except the track and race data) and try and find a better template.
Cheers,
Legend 64.

LXS77

Is the track folder name correct? What do you have in eck.ini file?

If you wish, PM me the link to your files and I'll have a look.

LXS77

In your particular case, for the track to be visible in the list, you only need the following files:

• eck.ini
  • eck.map
  • eck.trp
  • eck.amb
  • eck.rdf

The above files should be placed in a folder called eck and this folder should be copied to ..\Documents\PiBoSo\Kart Racing Pro\mods\tracks

LaZ 64!

Quote from: LXS77 on November 19, 2023, 03:51:20 PMIn your particular case, for the track to be visible in the list, you only need the following files:

• eck.ini
  • eck.map
  • eck.trp
  • eck.amb
  • eck.rdf

The above files should be placed in a folder called eck and this folder should be copied to ..\Documents\PiBoSo\Kart Racing Pro\mods\tracks

Well that might be the problem, let me try
Cheers,
Legend 64.

LaZ 64!

Okay, so it does appear now, but it crashes my game. I think its due to the textures not working properly, or some files are not cooperating. I am redoing the grass and stuff at the moment so its not too big of a deal
Cheers,
Legend 64.

LaZ 64!

The track works now! I just need to fix a couple things and its ready to go for a 0.1 release.
Cheers,
Legend 64.

LXS77

Yeah, looks like you need to check textures, geometry and object names in the model. Refer to https://docs.piboso.com/wiki/index.php?title=Track_Creation_Guide for details.

As for the textures, they should have power of 2 dimensions (e.g. 1024 x 1024, 2048 x 512, etc).

And, before trying to load the track in the game, I'd recommend using Mapview from 'Track Tools' at https://kartracing-pro.com/?page=downloads to preview your MAP file.