• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:46:10 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Feedback and Improvement suggestion

Started by freeman, December 13, 2010, 01:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeman

December 13, 2010, 01:21:15 PM Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:39:38 PM by freeman
Hi,
I have to say i really liked the look and feel of this Kart simulator despite a few problems that i had  ;D. I will just make a quick list of good and bad points with my wish-list of improvement

Good:
* visually good, love the rain and Kart model. looks and feels like Netkar pro, any connections??

*FFB over curbs and stationary ffb is good

*Tyres pick up grass (does it effect grip?)
----------------------------------------------------------------
Bad:
*Force Feedback has issues, becomes lighter as you apply the throttle especially on the straight, looses self centring effect a little. i can't put my finger on it but theirs definitely some issues here P.S (im using G25)

*Track is nice but does not have much surface/Bumps. In real life i get a lot more vibration and sensation of bumps from the wheel. The closest sim to real life  for FFB feeling is Iracing, i'm not saying you should laser scan tracks but if you could model the bumps/dips/cracks in to the surface of the track it would make a huge difference i think. To get a realistic feeling from the FFB i think it's partly in the surface of the track and not just the tyre model alone. check out iracing in slow motion for good example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XP8dFgNHn4&feature=related

*Menu lag and sometimes freezing.

OS-Chris

A cheap way of adding bumps to tracks (that rFactor & Simbin (to a lesser modifiable extent) do), is a TDF style definition file (which the modder creates) that defines how bumpy each material is. Then it's just a matter of alternating materials on the track surface and voila, no extra polygons and while it's not the ultimate solution (laser scanning), it's better than a flat track.

P.S: I've driven way more lifeless tracks than Lonato, I'm not dissing the track at all, just requesting an added feature ;)