• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:35:21 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

EOI: Australian/New Zealand Racing Series

Started by JamieP, December 22, 2011, 06:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieP

I am tired of just doing practice laps so I am thinking of having a race series in 2012 of 10 races running once a month or once a fortnight. Am interested to see if anyone else is keen to join the fun. If the numbers and interest is there I'll put together a calendar of events and start a sign-up thread. If series 1 goes OK, I'll look at running a second series as well as setting up a dedicated league website with forums, etc.

Hardware For Server
- P4 3.0 HT Ghz CPU
- 1.25Ghz DDR RAM
- Cable Internet Connection (Nice and Stable). Only 512Kbps upload but we can see how that pans out. I may be able to upgrade if required

Let me know your thoughts.

Jamie

JamieP

Intrepid_69

Intrepid // KZ-Rotax-KF // MG

Sam

same wen is the race and wats the server name and password if u had one  ;D :D ;) :)

Falling for kk like

JamieP

Nothing finalized as yet but will do some testing tonight and work out a calendar. Give me a few days with it.  I am thinking of at least 1 wet and 1 drying race to make things interesting too.

I'll also get a dedicated server working but will update with specific days/times. Am also thinking of a prize for the season winner along the lines of a t-shirt (basic iron on transfer) or a small trophy.

Let your friends know. It should be fun

Tonyb24

I think im in I am getting used to the driving of beta5 and its looking good

JamieP

Is 1 race per month an OK arrangement for most people. I am thinking the 1st Wednesday of each month to make it simple

Schwoni

sound very good now that should be possible. what time? and timezone?

JamieP

I was thinking that a starting time of 7.30 Sydney (GMT +10) time for the start of a 1 hour practice. Qual for 20 min, then about 30 lap race.

Just a starting point at this stage but will have to look at most possibilities this weekend if not early next week.

Will have a calendar with details ready by Friday 15th Jan.....Hopefully. Will also setup the dedicated server and have it up for a practice race but more details at a later date. Would like to get about 10 people at least for a practice event to see if my bandwidth is enough and how the program behaves.

Thanks everyone and I look forward to seeing you on track

Schwoni

i`m GMT +1 so 9 hours earlyier we`ll see 22.30 should work.

JamieP

Quote from: Schwoni on January 07, 2012, 01:09:05 PM

We are currently in daylight savings time which may put us GMT +11 but I will check and confirm.

JamieP

Quote from: LostCause001 on January 08, 2012, 12:12:32 AM
Quote from: Schwoni on January 07, 2012, 01:09:05 PM

We are currently in daylight savings time which may put us GMT +11 but I will check and confirm.

Sorry but starting time is 7.30 PM which would make it 10.30 or 11.30 AM where you are. maybe you can play while you're working?  ;D