• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:21:37 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

KartSim

Started by cnt997, December 08, 2011, 02:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory_Hayes

you must not have looked at the last post about kartsim.......

DPKarter#43

Um, i must not of then, can u give me the link to it or tell me what it said?

Cory_Hayes

basically kartsim is the guys hobby project and he is working on another bigger sim

DPKarter#43

This was one of his last post's on facebook and it doesnt sound like it. But do you know what the bigger sim is?

22 August 2012
A quick (Edit: Not very quick!) update for everyone on KartSim..

Firstly, thanks for being so patient with the release and I appreciate your support and concern about the lack of updates!

As I'm sure you're all aware, the development has taken longer than anticipated. This is largely the result of being a 1 person development team and balancing work/completing my business degree with the development of the game. This is further compounded due to the ambitious nature of the title, which introduces a highly immersive and seamless off-track experience as well as having to exceed the existing features of the competition.

The great news is the game/engine is now close to being in the public beta stage. Despite having said this before, various features took somewhat longer than previously anticipated as is the case with most tasks in game development, if you haven't implemented them previously. Since the previous update, additional tasks were also added to the now current sprint which were the result of observed usability testing and feedback from internal testing (Read: Watching people play the game to make it as playable, entertaining and easy to understand as it can be for both simulation and arcade racers and those new to the genre.)

The latest development has centred around completing these new tasks and extracting more performance from the engine so as to be able to run on lower spec hardware. I've also spent considerable time fine tuning the net code to ensure the smoothest online racing.

I understand just how much you want to play the game and nothing has more priority than allowing you all to as quickly as possible. Although many have mentioned the purpose of the beta is to allow you guys to find any bugs and tell me what works, it is much more successful when based on a beta version that has all the initial features more or less completed so you guys can find design/gameplay issues that I'm not aware of. There is an estimated 7 full weeks left for the remaining tasks of which I hope to achieve within the next 10 weeks.

A final word to those worried about KartSim being abandoned. Having dedicated nearly every day since March 2005 and most of my twenties to the game, I've resigned from and turned down many highly paid jobs as well as given up most of my social life and free time to do so. Given the opportunity cost, it is not something I have ever considered and the risk of doing so is far too high. The passion, motivation and desire to make the best racing game out there is as strong as ever; made a lot easier by just how good the game is.

Finally, an update like this would not be complete without some new screenshots which I'll put up in the hour. As much as I'd love to show you all some new gameplay footage, I can't let the competition see what we'll all be playing just yet..

Thanks once again and the wait is definitely worth it!

Zach Griffin

Cory_Hayes

the other post on this forum -.-

DPKarter#43

Cory_Hayes

ermahgerd, THIS KRP FORUM!!! THERE IS ANOTHER KARTSIM TOPIC

DPKarter#43

Oh right sorry my bad, i didnt read it probably

James Beer

DPKarter#43

Hey Showtime, has Kartsim been abandoned completely and never to be finished or is he taking a really long break??

DPKarter#43

James Beer

Capeta

Quote from: MrShowtime22 on August 08, 2013, 07:55:54 AM
Kartsim, is a sim, just like KRP. Funnily enough the physics takes major priority over the graphics in Kartsim. I have seen the deep development myself.
Well about the video that i have seen it's not pure simu for sure it's like PCArs a mix beetween arcade and sim .Anyway i am pretty sure i 'll enjoy the game if he release it...

roly

Quote from: Capeta on October 07, 2013, 01:10:03 PM
Quote from: MrShowtime22 on August 08, 2013, 07:55:54 AM
Kartsim, is a sim, just like KRP. Funnily enough the physics takes major priority over the graphics in Kartsim. I have seen the deep development myself.
Well about the video that i have seen it's not pure simu for sure it's like PCArs a mix beetween arcade and sim .Anyway i am pretty sure i 'll enjoy the game if he release it...
pCARS is NOT an arcade. It's a SIM like GTR / GTR2. WMD made some Need for Speed ... that was / is arcade.  :o)
TopKart - IAME-Parilla 100 Membran (1999)
TopKart Twister 2014 Rotax Max Evo 2015
Games: GTR - Project CARS 1 / 2 - KRP - RaceRoom
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
intel i7 - asus - 64gb -1TB ssd - nvidia gtx1080 - win10pro - Fanatec - 3 x 24" 3D - Oculus VR

Sam Flintham

Update on 11 July 2013''

KartSim is not dead! The Todd Rd circuit in Melbourne was recently laser scanned to generate an accurate mesh for the game. Game developer Zach Griffin posted some photos of the process on Facebook. "It shoots a laser beam out at 1Million hz and rotates the head around 360 degrees to measure distance from the scanning point. We then stitch the 4-5 scans to generate a 3D point cloud which is used to generate the mesh for the game. (It's) a lot quicker and more accurate than creating the track from traditional survey methods" he wrote.