• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:29:07 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

KartSim

Started by cnt997, December 08, 2011, 02:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snappe

Quote from: MrShowtime22 on April 22, 2012, 05:23:21 AM
Kartsim wants to make the beta as perfect as possible before they release it to the public. The public wants a great simulator and it will be better if they release a very good beta insted of a bug ridden beta (but released earlier).

There's no such thing as a perfect beta. The point of a beta is to find bugs... Othewise why not just go straight to 1.0?

Ryan Harris

They are doing testing themselves so that they can make the beta as best as possible. That way they can release a 1.0 asap. I ment "perfect beta" as in the best experience that a beta can give.

EVO

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Snappe

Quote from: MrShowtime22 on April 25, 2012, 07:48:31 AM
They are doing testing themselves so that they can make the beta as best as possible. That way they can release a 1.0 asap. I ment "perfect beta" as in the best experience that a beta can give.

You say this like it's something special they are doing. Every developer tries to make the beta as perfect as possible. Releasing a beta with loads of known bugs is pointless.

JamieP

Quote from: MrShowtime22 on April 25, 2012, 07:48:31 AM

In house testing is technically Alpha testing. Beta testing is usually done by outside 3rd parties, sometimes paid and sometimes community,  so as to be independent.

The graphics engine they are using is too resource hungry and only runs suitably on i7 hardware. That's how I read the latest developer update on facebook anyway. A game that will only run acceptably on i7 hardware is next to useless as far as I am concerned and to me would say that they are using a lot of post rendering effects.

I also think that the lack of community participation is a planned strategy so that they can negotiate better publisher contracts. This is especially critical for the planned xBox and PS3 versions.

Just my thoughts

laraarsa

Quick update on what's happening. (Yes we are still working hard behind the scenes). This last month Zach had unfortunately hit a few barriers in the software he is using to make KartSim. Long story short, there was something affecting the performance of the physics model. In motorsports speak, we were bouncing off the rev limiter in top gear, couldn't go any faster. The good news is in the last week Zach has made inroads into the causes and as a result we are back to testing as we were before, ironing out the bugs and making a few tweaks before the beta release.
In terms of release date, whilst I am in no way giving an official date, as this is really an unofficial KartSim post, from what I can see I'm confident that the beta will be out this year.

The guy can't plan...

Sam

ya think
hopefully he has good luck in the end and make it a "beta" release well if it was beta shouldnt they have put the game out by now 

Falling for kk like

Ryan Harris

Oh boy, you guys are going to be suprised.  ;D  8)
5 Years in the makeing is totally worth it from what i have been exclusively shown.

PiBoSo

Quote from: MrShowtime22 on May 31, 2012, 12:21:37 PM
5 Years in the makeing is totally worth it from what i have been exclusively shown.

Hopefully there will be space for both simulators in the community  :-\

Eslotes

Quote from: MrShowtime22 on May 31, 2012, 12:21:37 PM
Ok,KRP still better.
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

Ryan Harris

June 01, 2012, 07:45:04 AM #55 Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 07:47:37 AM by MrShowtime22
Dont get me wrong, i love Kart Racing Pro.

PiBoSo, there will be. Dont give up. Kart Racing Pro is amazing and people will play this game no doubt after Kartsim is released. Some people might not like kartsim, you never know. But i have loved every second that i have played this sim, and i will continue to play it for sure. :)

The Iceman Marco

And still I'm not going to pay every month for that. ;)

Eslotes

every month :o , did i miss something¿
A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

The Iceman Marco

I think so. You have to pay every month or year like in iRacing.

laraarsa

Quote from: Eslotes on June 01, 2012, 09:54:24 AM
every month :o , did i miss something¿
Quote from Zach Griffin.
Hi Guys,

Just to clarify the annual subscription fee: This is a one off annual fee that includes all released content for the game. This allows us to keep delivering high quality content to you guys continually throughout the year. You do not have to pay for individual karts and circuits...

Q:What i don't understand is do you need to pay every year or just one time?
A:Every year, so we will be able to keep giving you updates