• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:32:14 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Several Questions!!

Started by franmedo, December 07, 2011, 07:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

Quote from: franmedo on December 08, 2011, 06:59:13 PM
The object is called Track01. Should every objects just have 1 material???

Each object can have multiple materials.

franmedo

Well i am sure about that, it was more a rhetoric question. But if you can write here maybe you also could help me? :P

Aritz

grass must be called TRKGRAS. But this is not the only think you have to rename, all the collidable objects have to be called correctly ;)

http://tools.piboso.com/index.php/Track_Creation_Rules

franmedo

I know, look at the picture, the material called trkgras!

Aritz

December 08, 2011, 07:12:36 PM #19 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:14:29 PM by Aritz
You are misunderstanding what I say. The object has to be trkgras01, texture name is not important ;)

Do what I say, try to drive through the grass, you will fall xD

supersic

December 08, 2011, 07:14:26 PM #20 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 07:16:05 PM by supersic
You misunderstanding him i think:D Wy the object should called trkgrass? As piboso said, a object can have multiple materials. So i cant name the objct with alle names of the materials:D

Aritz

Do what you want, but don't ask for help if you don't want to listen to the answers ;)

franmedo

I listen and tried - still not works. It was just illogical

Aritz

ok, I am wrong

now, try to drive on grass and watch

PiBoSo

Quote from: franmedo on December 08, 2011, 07:04:50 PM
Well i am sure about that, it was more a rhetoric question. But if you can write here maybe you also could help me? :P

It's not easy to debug on a forum.
From the info you gave, it should work.
Sometimes using extreme values and test textures ( for example, filled with purple ) can be helpful in finding the problem.
Anyway, other track creators were able to create 3D grass, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find the solution.

Nitrox

You can try my grass if you want - put them in your textures folder and rename the grs file to whatever your grass' TEXTURE name is.

If it works, something with your grs or textures is wrong. If it does not, you messed up with terrain object names or game settings.

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/77142792/file.html

EVO

join our teamspeak we will guide you through it.
Do you know how to do bump maps? 
They make the track look so nice used on the proper objects
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

franmedo

February 09, 2012, 07:00:36 PM #27 Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 10:10:18 PM by franmedo
I have a last question then my track is finished. When i made GRIDS in Tracked, ingame appears the white line of the grid, but its unrealistic, because they are not on the real track. I already made a black alpha channel on the line.tga but it doesnt work. How can i remove this?

edit: fixed! in "grids" just write 0 in every space