• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:38:47 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Several Questions!!

Started by franmedo, December 07, 2011, 07:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franmedo

Hi i am new here and i have some question.

1 - 3d Grass
How does it work? I followed the Track Creation guide  very well and my texture called "gras.tga" the txt file is galled "gras.grs" and i have grass blades.tga with alpha channel and grass color without alpha channel, but i see nothing ingame. But the bump/specular shaders on the tarmac works really well with Txt files. What am i doing wrong?

2- txt files
I read very often txt files, but where are they in essey and lonato? Also on the community tracks i didnt found them.

I already searched and read alot here but i didnt found a solution

Thanks in advance! :)

Schwoni

1. u have  to put all theese files in TGA folder which 3ds use for import the track maybe  u forgot it? for other problems u have to explain more ;)

2. like in 1. the txt files are in tga folder and after export included in .map file so that`s the reason why u don`t find them.

franmedo

December 07, 2011, 08:04:18 PM #2 Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:19:32 PM by franmedo
It still not works. Anyone having another idea?

franmedo

Piboso could you please help me? I see that you watching this thread, it would help me alot!!! Thanks

Aritz

how are you doing it?

where are the files located?

Explain it better

supersic

He attached a picture with all infos imo

franmedo

Yes, you can see on the picture that its located in "testtrack" and "tga" folder and how everything is named. What else i have to explain?

Aritz

Sorry, I had a stupid spam when I open the screenshot you have uploaded...

You are looking for our grass txt files and something say to me that you are not understanding how does the exporter work. Let me explain it and sorry if you already know it :)

You have a TGA folder with all the textures on it; grass, kerbs, trees, houses, etc. In that folder you have to add (like I see you have done in your screenshot) gras.grs and blades files.

After the exporting, you will have a MAP file and the COLLISION file. But you can delete the tga texture folder after that, they are included on the map file. So, you can't find our or Piboso's Lonato/Essay grass txt files you are looking for.

Now I ask you other question:

I see you have the TGA folder with grass blades and grs file. You have named grass TRKGRAS.TGA, why? Maybe you don't know that "TRK" prefix is for object name and no for the texture itself. Maybe this is the problem, is the object named TRKGRAS?

franmedo

Schwoni already answered the questions about the txt files in the 2nd post.
And no "TRK" is not the problem, it was just my last try to get it work. So it didnt even work without TRK

Aritz

can you put ingame screenshots?

franmedo

December 08, 2011, 06:34:11 PM #10 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:39:41 PM by franmedo
Why? There is nothing, i really watched out for it trust me :D

Aritz

trust me, I want to see them :P

Can you drive through the grass?

Is the 3d grass activated in your game?

I can't help you, sorry

franmedo

December 08, 2011, 06:48:27 PM #12 Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:50:13 PM by franmedo
Quote from: franmedolink=topic=1149.msg7423#msg7423 date=1323366385
Quote from: Aritz on December 08, 2011, 06:41:38 PM
trust me, I want to see them :P

Can you drive through the grass?
No i just test everything with mapviewer until i know how everything works.

Is the 3d grass activated in your game?
Yes, but it doesn't mather because iwatch it on mapview and i see the 3d grass on essey and lonato too

I can't help you, sorry

Thats why i asking piboso for help because he is watching this thread but does not answer unfortunatly :-\

thanks anyway aritz!

Aritz

please, anwser me:

did you rename grass object to TRKgras01?

franmedo

The object is called Track01. Should every objects just have 1 material???