• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:21:26 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta5 WIP

Started by PiBoSo, December 07, 2011, 11:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Racehard

Racehard

January 05, 2012, 02:50:17 PM #76 Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 03:55:59 PM by Racehard
First impression and thing I've noticed, why is there a new helmet? The old 3d shape was perfect wasn't it?
The new visor looks different from the real GP5.

Second thing which just popped into my eyes, the chassis now has real chrome parts!  :D
I love it, how can we implement such a chrome look into our paints?

EDIT2:
Wow, seems to be more challenging now to set a good lap time. The steering is way more sensitive now, the kart has more turn in over steer now aswell (which is very good I think), the brakes are more aggressive (front brake needs to be set under 50% if you have it on a digital shifter paddle) and the grip seems to be generally lower but haven't done a lot laps till now so maybe the track will groove in. There has definitely changed a lot and I am keen on what the real kart drivers say.

EDIT3:
The shifters left front rain texture is still wrong? Didn't test the others yet. Is it meant to be the official release?

Anyway thank you PiBoSo for a whole lot of new stuff to explore, you guys find me on the servers for the next hours  ;D
(can anyone set up a server or host a session?)

More to come ... :)

The Iceman Marco

The grip is less as in beta 4, which is much more realistic. It's much harder now to do good laps like in real, when your off the racing line etc. The effects of the marbles and grass on your tires is perfect. :D

It's a shame about the helmets. They were perfect I think.

More I can't say now, I only did a few laps. :)

Nitrox

Physics is really different now, I will have to review my setups and adjust them :) Great work, however!

Ps: If you use 20 als multiplier, grip will get a bit strange, because there is a lot of rubber build up during a single lap.

Schwoni

how to disable marbles? i can`t find i wanna test because that crash always.

Kartonero

Quote from: Schwoni on January 09, 2012, 08:40:13 PM
how to disable marbles? i can`t find i wanna test because that crash always.

I also had some problems with that.

dibu

Unzip your effects.pkz there is a file \marbles\marbles.cfg
I didn't test it but maybe it's worth a look.

Schwoni

January 09, 2012, 09:32:27 PM #82 Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:35:44 PM by Schwoni
i deleted now marbles folder while game running xD and now it have worked to have marbles on tires without crash. now i will do a restart of the game and i`ll see if they are still  there or not and if it crash or not.

deleted effects.pkz and marbles folder and i still see them :D

dibu

Buy another kind of eyeglasses or ask PiBoSo ;)

Schwoni

January 09, 2012, 09:50:41 PM #84 Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:56:32 PM by Schwoni
i restarted again and now i can`t see them we`ll see 20 mins till now and no crash :)

Don`t shoud too loud :D again crash