• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:07:23 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

KS1 - Warmup Lap Question

Started by dibu, December 04, 2011, 05:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dibu

I just tested some standard race starts with KS1 in Host Local.

First test with sighting lap on.

After qualifying, Sighting Lap is shown and I have to drive 5 minutes sighting laps or stay in the garage and wait there.
Before the end of the 5 minutes I have to enter my starting grid.
Now the warmup laps start. I have to stay on the track for 5 minutes and be on my starting position before the 5 minutes end.
(I can't shorten the time of the warmup laps). Then race starts.

Second test with sighting lap off.

After qualifying, Pre-Start is shown and I have to enter the track within 60 seconds.
Warmup laps start.
Now the difference: I can drive 5 minutes or I can go back to my position after one lap and the starting lights are shown within 5 seconds after standing still.
Race starts. That means I can shorten the warmup time to one lap. This doesn't work with sighting lap on.

Are the warmup laps intended to work different with sighting lap on or off?

PiBoSo

Warmup lap should work the same in both tests: when all karts have completed a lap and are in their starting stall, it skips to race start.

dibu

You are right PiBoSo, I just tested again and now it also works with sighting lap on. Sorry - my mistake.

Maybe I'm already gone gaga, but this afternoon I tried it at least three times, alternating between sighting lap on and off and it only worked with sighting lap off. The track was Essay Short.