• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:56:21 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Rolling Start

Started by rixhard_johnstone, December 13, 2010, 12:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rixhard_johnstone

Could you be kind enough to detail how we should drive the rolling start lap?

Every time I get to a race everyone invoved gets a DSQ at some point.

Cris_Ace

December 13, 2010, 01:10:45 AM #1 Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:16:48 AM by Cris_Ace
when red light switches off, start immediately and keep speed under 50km/h(59 max I think);when approaching starting line again after your warming lap,gain and mantain your side of starting grig and stay between the road sign of the grid itself (it would appear a red arrow and when you pass it, on overlays an icon between 2 points to help in the task)
here do not pass 50 km/h;when you pass the yellow line before the start and the safety speed on the left corner disappear,you're free to accelerate as you want, but mantain your side of the grid as the icon in overlays disappear;
it's more difficult to explain than to do itself;
try some times and you'll learn for sure;it' s important not to pass the safety speed,so take care of the speed and keep the number in the left corner in green color!!And do not cross the other side of the grid when accelerating,keep your side....
This works for me,hope that helps.

mopar93

December 13, 2010, 01:16:16 AM #2 Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:17:55 AM by mopar93
We just tried to run a race and everyone got DQ'd except me, but I still got a speeding penalty. I'm pretty sure I didn't go beyond the speed limit. I even waited until I was beyond the start/finish line before accelerating. If anything, I was probably going too slow.

It's hard to do a race. Practice is a lot of fun, though.

Maybe we should just set the practice up for about two hours and hold our own 6 lap standing start races during practice.

-Maurice

Cris_Ace

whatch out,speeding penalties could apeear during all the whole lap,so keep an eye on the speed aon the left;
I'm not sure,but I think that during the warming lap you can reach 59 km/h,but before passing the start and get the green light you have to go under 50 km/h,so be careful;
I repeat, not sure of that, but goind under 50 km/ it's safe everywhere. on the first lap...

mopar93

What is the penalty for speeding? It didn't kick me off the track, it just said I had a penalty. I didn't run the whole race to find out because I was the only one left.

The rules for this need to be clearly written somewhere.

-Maurice

Cris_Ace

maybe,not sure uh just maybe,that you'we got a +1 km/h during the lap itself(when going over 59 km/h the numbers appears in red and I think here's the penalty,infact the speed goes away and a +1 +2 etc appears)
I agreed that a written rules is really aprreciate,but I've got some clean starts as described above...
PS:you've got a PM :D

mopar93

OK, another race was just run. I kept it between 35 and 40 all the way around the track. Coming out of the last turn, I kept it in the correct lane and still had the speed around 35 and it was green and about the time I crossed the start/finish line, it said I got a speeding penalty. I didn't do anything wrong, I don't think.

-Maurice

rixhard_johnstone

Thanks guys.

I think the bit I was doing wrong was once you are in the corridor you must stay very close to 40kph, it seems much stricter than the warm up lap.

mopar93

In real life, I've only raced full-size cars. The only small cars I've raced are Mini Cup cars. I won the Great Lakes Supercup Championship (Mini Cup cars) in 2008.

I've never raced karts in real life, so my question is: Is the rolling start in KRP the same as in real life?

-Maurice

JBell

I'm not smart enough to figure out how to start a race. I'd imagine it's like the real thing, which I still don't have a clue. It's kind of frustrating wanting to race and can't for lack of knowledge or documentation with the game. Some of these racing games try to be super realistic in every aspect when it really just needs to be a game. Maybe that should be in the suggestion box, add some race start options. Till then, the 60 min practice sessions are goo goo gobs of fun.

Arrowjmax4

i did a race and we all stayed in, no penalties. 4 of us. we stayed under 40 for the whole lap and kept it under 40 for the start. Apparently the limit drops to 40 around last corner

mopar93

That makes sense that it stays green above 40 at other parts of the track. This allows the ones in back to get caught up to the rest of the field. However, the polesitter still needs to keep his speed down so everyone else can keep up. If the polesitter takes off and runs 59 all the way around and then drops to 38 at the last corner, he can have a huge lead right at the start.

The front row should be limited to 40 all the way around while others should be allowed 50 until the last turn.

-Maurice

Cris_Ace

Quote from: JBell on December 15, 2010, 10:18:46 PM
Some of these racing games try to be super realistic in every aspect when it really just needs to be a game. Maybe that should be in the suggestion box, add some race start options.

Sorry,but I think this is not the case;
IMHO this is intended as a karting simulation,so it would try to replicate every aspect of a real karting experience....
On the other side,I'll agreed that an online manual or a well described rolling-starting procedure is a very good thing  ;) as we can pratice and learn how to do a very clean start  8)

PiBoSo

The speed must be between 20 and 60 km/h during rolling start. The limits change to 30 and 50 km/h inside corridors.
There is a second of penalty for each km/h above or below limits.
Please note, however, that because of online lag the speed on server may differ.

Cris_Ace

Thanks for explaination Piboso....Could you please add a note in the next release with that info to help people about starting procedure?
it would be useful also to have automatically placed people in starting grid when pre-start countdown reach zero ;
(sometimes it happens that someone is stuck in the pit due to garage settings between session and they don't realize that the times is going to zero)