• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:16:23 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Will you buy rFactor2?

Started by laraarsa, December 03, 2011, 06:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you buy rFactor2?

Yes
No
What is rFactor2?

laraarsa

The Iceman Marco

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

EVO

ill try the demo, the flat spotting, tire wear, and deformation looks reall cool. first i need a better gpu
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Racehard

December 04, 2011, 12:00:18 AM #4 Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 12:02:28 AM by Racehard
As a sim lover, I'll buy it of course.

But I don't think it can top krp.

I think it is very hard to get the handling as real as krp did, even for isi with rf2.
The only rf2 series I am really interested in is the world series by renault.

And the thing with extrenal mods is, that there will probably only be a few which have realistic physics.
If you test lets say 3 rfactor f1 mods from about the same year, you will notice that they all behave different which tells me that they are probably all pretty unrealistic and that's not what I expect from a sim. That's why all my hopes are burried in the standard rf2 classes and as mentioned especially the wsbr.
Too bad we can't rate the realism of a mod, based on our owns or somebdoy elses experience. For me it will always be a bit odd if I am not sure if this is really anywhere near reality.
And that is a pretty big reason why I would stick to krp/karts, because here there are a lot who can tell how real it is.

EVO

My backup kart is waitiing for you, just need a plane ticket over lol. You can start in the 100cc KT100. if you can handle it I'll let you drive my waiting to explode 125ccTAG.  I trying to make the backup kart into a simulation setup thats easily reversible so I can go to the track show the people the game in the kart then take out the steering plate and cables and go drive on the actual track in less then ten minutes.

Racehard

That's a very nice idea. You get an even better comparison then. But don't rush the reconversion on track, so you don't end up racing at high speeds and have the steering wheel pop of then ;D

EVO

hah yeah its pretty fool proof.  just the wheel comes off and the bolt that goes through the plasing bushing holding the shaft

rogenator

Hello Dumb question!!!

I bought this go cart mod and its not even done.  Rogenator 8)
Be Kind To Your Web Footed Friends