• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:28:22 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Server Listings out of Game

Started by T.J. Koyen, June 12, 2011, 04:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.J. Koyen

Would it be possible to have a page on the site to show the current servers that are up and their status as far as amount of players in each server and what track and class they are running? For me, I have an iMac so I have to boot up my Windows partition and then go into KRP and then check the server listing there and it takes quite a bit of time. Also, I'm out of the timezone of most of you European guys so there usually isn't anyone online when I am and it doesn't really pay for me to boot up my Windows just to see that no one is playing. I think it would just be more convenient for everyone if you could hop onto this site and just check quick to see if anyone is online.
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

PiBoSo

This is a good idea. The web page could integrate an IRC chat, too...

Nitrox

This sounds great! Maybe with the possibility to vote for tracks and classes for a new server in chat?

Eslotes

A smooth race never made a skillful racer.

T.J. Koyen

Agreed Piboso. If you were able to communicate with some of the guys in the server too you could ask how much time is left in the session as well.
Merlin/Parilla
Team MerlinUSA Factory Driver
www.merlinusa.com
www.oktanevisual.com
www.koyen.net

LooseEqualsFast

January 16, 2012, 07:01:39 PM #5 Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 07:03:12 PM by LooseEqualsFast
I know this is an older suggestion, but its a very good one. The UI in KRP is pretty slow to respond on my PC (Debug code?), it would be awesome if I could just leave a web browser tab open to see what races are running with their status. Kinda like VROC for Grand Prix Legends, but based on a web-ui.

To go a step further perhaps the page could be mobile device friendly so you can practice by yourself for example and then when a server you want to join becomes available you can switch to that online session.
KZ: WildKart Warrior | TM K9B | Hoosier Tires
Formula A: Tony//Kart Extreme | Vortex VR-98

dibu

The idea is old but good. I also would like to see such a web page. :)

PiBoSo

It's already on TODO list.
To be honest I know nothing about web programming, I'm learning about html / PHP / CSS as I go :-[
For a web-based server browser seems like the best solution would be to use Comet.
Some free days are needed to study and implement it, but time is a limited and valuable resource when there is to deal with physics, multiplayer, bugs, optimizations, new features, emails, forums and yada yada yada...

dibu

No pressure PiBoSo, we will wait. Do your work and if time is left it would be nice to have it.
I can't offer you my help, I'm also not in web programmer.