• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:08:43 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Less grip on wet

Started by Aritz, December 10, 2011, 05:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Quote from: Aritz on December 08, 2011, 04:49:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5XVmG_1fUY

I had a good day anyway :)

Quote from: Aritz on December 10, 2011, 01:53:16 PM
MAgescq wet is a loooooot slower in real life than in game, in fact KRP needs a fine wet grip tunning  :)

We were doing 1.02 / 1.04 depending on the rain intensity and  in KRP is very easy to do 55 sec ( I am not sure but a lot faster than real Magescq)

Quote from: The Iceman Marco on December 10, 2011, 02:01:44 PM
I just did one lap with KS1 on a wet track, and I did a 55.6. I think a high 53 should be possible. You did a 1.02.5 in real. So the difference is very big.

Is quite clear that wet conditions are very easy to handle now in KRP. Real wet is extremely fun to drive, people refuses to drive when rains but they are loosing one of the best f****g funny thing in the world  ;D
In my video I went carefully o do the best lap of the day and you can not feel 100% the wet driving watching it, but you can imagine somehow what funny is  (of course the engine should be operative lol)

Real drivers should give their opinion, that is the reason of this spinout thread. Sorry to evo1087 for no using his suggestion thread but I think this suggestion needs his own discussion ;)

The Iceman Marco

+1

I think there is too much grip in the rain. I don't feel much differences with driving in the rain and on a dry track. The lap times are slower, but with a bigger drivetrain and a higher tirepressure it almost feels the same.

For me real the difference between dry and wet is always more than 10 sec. It's different for each track. Ok, we have maxis tires which sucks. Slicks have too much grip, which results in sometimes very positive camber etc. and wet tires with very less grip. So that makes the difference bigger.

I looked up the times in 2009 when we had bridgestones tires which were "normal" tires. The difference on Spa was a bit more than 7 sec for us, for the VT250 the difference was around the 10-11 sec. Our speed is much lower than VT's so that's why the difference is less.

I think that it'll be perfect if the difference is a bit more than 10 sec. So there should be less in rain as there is now.

cnt997

definetly agree i tried it today and it was wayyyy to grippy. then i tried slicks , bad idea