• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:41:46 AM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robby

yes its 3dsmax11 64 bit and i have no problem to export from it

if you now a tutorial for this pleace post it here ;D

regards robby

robby

Evo or piboso

Is it posible to do a visual on it so i understand beter wat you ment in your post
If i lay A second material over the first i get wan dark textur to see ond thads not wat i want kan i use an alfa for it or not

Thanx in advance
Robby

EVO

January 24, 2012, 05:02:10 PM #197 Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 05:24:33 PM by EVO
that is not what i meant sorry for this miscommunication.  I will make a visual,  not the best at describing things. 

here a better example from Lonato
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

robby

thanx evo :D

it seems thad piboso used an 2nd material on top of the first wit an alpha setting cos if you have a very close look in the lonato track it looks like a secont material slichtly above the gras .
piboso correct me if im rong

regards robby

EVO

that is very possible. its a good way of saving minimizing the all important polygon count.  My lydd track has almost 300,000 polygons but because i used low res textures where i needed them and minimized collidable objects its very drivable. 

I made the grass a quad mesh under the track. I should raise it because the problem that arises here is that the kart with its .75" ground  clearance can get stuck.  If i raise it to much the meshes conflict and create that black area as you have seen. Its a fun and easy test and tune process.

Track conversion is a pain in the but. track creation is easy the hard part is modeling, intergrating into KRP has proven to be quite easy. If you have any question i will help.  Im am still learning to model in max however.  I do most my 3d work in a command line based 3d software.  It exports nicely, just wish it could make better meshes from polysurfaces

robby

Thanks evo
At piboso how many polys can a track have?
Evo maybe we cood meat in teamspeak at the weekend and have anice chat over this toppic
If you want i give you may ts server details so you kan log in to it. You need a microfoon for it and than we kan chat over vouce comend

Regards robby

EVO

sure this weekend will work.  I will work on a track at the same time and have the program open. i am not familar with teamspeak so I will need more information

robby

January 25, 2012, 05:47:07 PM #202 Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 05:49:56 PM by robby
ok

i help you setup teamspeak and privide you a link thad wil setup the server in your ts app

you  only need to instal and follow the instructions on you screen

wans this is don i wil guide you tro the rest wit the mail you wil resive from me

ts is a small ap thad runs in the background and you kan use it also tho heve voice chad wile racing thad is if there is samone els on the ts server.

send a mail and i wil give you wats nesesery to konect to my server

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

thads the download side you pic the client NOT the server

instal and mail thads it

if samone els is interested yust gif me a sign

regards robby

nak

Hi, could someone please give me a visual example of a density map, have figured everything else with the 3d grass but dont have any idea what this should look like. If you could tell me how to make one I would be forever in your debt.

EVO

January 25, 2012, 11:00:09 PM #204 Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 05:40:15 AM by EVO
I may be worng about this .

It would be an extra mapping you would apply to a particualy mesh that you want a distinct 3d grass look. whether it be patchy like the first example
or grass and sand like in the second example.  I have not tried it so I do not know if gray works or only black and white.  I would imagine it generates medium density in that area. So you create this texture and in the channels next to layers in the bottom right you click Red and paint it White where you want max density black = no grass.  Its a way of making patchy grass.

this would give you this appearance

say you have a half grass and half sand texture that is UVW mapped to wrap around a corner and not tile. (face option i bleive) this desinty map would be black on one side and white on the other so that there is no 3d grass poking out of the sand. Likely how it is done here

EVO

forgot to add should be tilable.  So if its wavely like above the wave should end at the bottom where it starts at the top.
in photoshop goto view and click rulers then click and drag of the ruler to create a guide this will help you make perfect tiles

if patchy density map then make sure if any white on edges that on the opposite edge there is also white

EVO

January 25, 2012, 11:47:24 PM #206 Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:32:32 AM by EVO
PiBiSo
this is my puddle texture but it does not look as good in game as yours in Essay.  Is it becasue it does fade to white,  I want a shallow and deep puddle look. 

On my one track they barely show.
is there away to emphasize them  with a value. Can you provide a sample .tga

Amazing Essay track

I also have this issue

the mesh does not have that wire.  can you look at my .edf?

PiBoSo

Please make sure that the RGB part of the puddles texture is white, and only use the alpha channel.

EVO

January 26, 2012, 02:11:10 AM #208 Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 03:32:45 AM by EVO
All channels are white.  The Essay puddle looks so nice.  Does the grayscale brush fade like gradiant or is it like the one i posted? Is there any trick way to make a more realistic one.  like a photoshop filter effect on a real photo of puddles or something?

Aritz

I use soft perimeter for the puddles and 20% white painted texture for the non puddles areas