• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:02:36 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwoni

January 03, 2012, 08:09:03 PM #180 Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:18:42 PM by Schwoni
ok i thought normal map is the asph texture name but the "normal map" is the bump texture that we use right?
i have it almost now. my only problem is now the alpha what is alpha set to 0? i have had a white alpha channel that give a specular on track. then i have done a black alpha then no specular but still ugly because some parts are gray completly like no texture. now i changed a texture that have worked i noticed that i have saved my texture as 32 bits/pixel and the working one was 24bits/pixel
could this be the fail? but i`ll see i`m testing it.

still the same.
Maybe it isn`t so simple as i thought?^^ i only took my asph texture filled with 50% opacity with that 127,127,255 a black alpha channel that alpha channel set opacity to 0%
the bump of the asph now looks very good but that grey parts suck:

this gray parts was specular parts with a white alpha channel now i use a black one so i think it is still specular but that grey and not white^^ i also tried without alpha channel so deleted that but then i have had specular again.

Schwoni

Nitrox

Is is there a way to get rid of the flashing reflections under the kart, or is this a bug in Beta4? Essay has it too..

PiBoSo

Quote from: Nitrox on January 04, 2012, 03:58:17 PM
Is is there a way to get rid of the flashing reflections under the kart, or is this a bug in Beta4? Essay has it too..

Flashing specular is a bug that will be fixed in Beta5.

Nitrox

Schwoni

so drying work marbles build work but no rubber build on track. What we have to do? reexport? do we have a new exporter? or is it still a bug?
another question what about all theese convertet tracks? is it enough to crate a surface for them and dynamic work? or do we have to do a txt file so a SHD file but without a bump texture for each object or material which should be dynamic?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on January 08, 2012, 07:45:07 PM
so drying work marbles build work but no rubber build on track. What we have to do? reexport? do we have a new exporter? or is it still a bug?
another question what about all theese convertet tracks? is it enough to crate a surface for them and dynamic work? or do we have to do a txt file so a SHD file but without a bump texture for each object or material which should be dynamic?

For all tracks it should be enough to create the surface in TrackEd and save the TRP file.

Schwoni

ok perfect i will do but i noticed a bad thing now. tell me if i`m right or not. we are now at bierbuden round about 10 people work good some small lags, but so we all together have done roungd about 200 laps and i noticed that there is no more rubber build? so now we have no more rubber build but the marbles? so all is ok with our tracks.

That rubber build was so awesome  because also not so good drivers could see the racing line.

Schwoni

another test now. i have done a surface for a converted track, i tested 50 laps and nothing too see no marbles. Tomorrow i will test wet conditions but i think if i can`t see marbles drying don`t work ,too.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on January 08, 2012, 11:09:40 PM
another test now. i have done a surface for a converted track, i tested 50 laps and nothing too see no marbles. Tomorrow i will test wet conditions but i think if i can`t see marbles drying don`t work ,too.

Pre-Beta4 tracks need to have the MAP file generated with the new exporter.

Aritz

Confirmed, dynamic rubbering works now :) Marbles too

Track creators, you must edit TRP file and do the surface again. No more than 2 mins.

robby

hi

how do i ad 2 textures to an gras material so they blend in?

i kant figer it out :-[ plaece help

regards robby

EVO

You need a seperate mapped texture. Are you trying to fade grass to dirt or sand
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

robby

yes evo thats wat i want to do

thanks robby

EVO

January 22, 2012, 11:42:26 AM #194 Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 08:19:06 PM by EVO
what program are you using to make the track. If 3ds max you need to make a mesh sorf of like a continous kerb around the track, or just in the areas you want the fade from track to dirt.  The apron around the track or object your trying to fade is where you will map your texture that has a the two materials mixing
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website