• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:09:30 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thalenberghen

Quote from: Aritz on November 14, 2011, 10:47:57 AM
Are you sure? Following Piboso's instructions, I found this and 0 should be no shininess at all:

http://www.3dmax-tutorials.com/Shininess_Shininess_Strength_Settings__Glossary_.html

(look at the right bottom sphere, it is matt)

Yes, I'm 100% sure. Just try some different values and you will see it, too.

Schwoni

what about this dynamic rubber build? because i feel only different grip on first 10-15 laps after that i feel on all asph`S from asph , basph and casph same grip. i have tested and drove after some laps exactly the same times on all 3 asph`s why is that possible?

Aritz

How can we edit how many the kerbs turn darker when rain or wet track?

I have a big problem with that. Before Beta4, you can create a file and choose which textures turn darker when rain. But now all is automatic and the grass and the kerbs turn darker in different levels. The problem is that my kerbs have mixed grass textures:

Aritz

I've found that DARK textures still work when you create the TXT file with the darker texture name on it:

EXAMPLEFILE.TGA
EXAMPLEFILE.TXT (with EXAMPLEFILEDARK.TGA on it)
EXAMPLEFILEDARK.TGA

Am I wrong? I could use to get darker grass or anything else? If yes, why is deleted from the track creation rules?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on December 09, 2011, 04:36:11 PM
I've found that DARK textures still work when you create the TXT file with the darker texture name on it:

EXAMPLEFILE.TGA
EXAMPLEFILE.TXT (with EXAMPLEFILEDARK.TGA on it)
EXAMPLEFILEDARK.TGA

Am I wrong? I could use to get darker grass or anything else? If yes, why is deleted from the track creation rules?

It still works, but it's deprecated, as it may be removed in future releases.

Aritz

I think this is a very usefull tool :S

I used to change the far mountain when the rain appears to have a grey cloudy mountain instead of the sunny green one. Without the tool, it will look unreal...

Aritz

Other example: we could make different clothes for the crowds... people with umbrellas; using a transparent invisible texture in dry conditions and change to a visible umbrella...

There are a lot of possibilities

Frank Hermann

December 09, 2011, 07:58:44 PM #157 Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 08:01:15 PM by Frank Hermann
today i found something interesting out about the visualisation of Fences.

My fences were not looking good, like on the pic "before". Also they were disappering in the distance.
Now i found out, that you need soft edges at the texture or lets call it anti aliasing. When you draw a fence just with lines of 1 or 2 pixel without anti aliasing you get problems. An easy way is, to take you original fence and increase the texture. My fence is now 1024x1024px (512x512) and it works very well now! Maybe with softer edges 512x512 should also work.

laraarsa

EVO

Frank Hermann should the soft edge have to have faded alpha channel like this picture to loook super clean?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Frank Hermann

You just need soft edges, the inside of the shapes could be filled with white! But the fading of the grass from top to bottom like on your picture has an nice effect!

Schwoni

December 18, 2011, 06:26:02 PM #161 Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 07:47:12 PM by Schwoni
What about HD textures? i think they slow down the fps or? but how can we do so a nice and fine HD Asph like in essay?

i also have a problem with starting light.
the whole thing is renamed to starting light.
the single red ones are called. start red light 1, Start red light 2, ....
the green light is called. start green lights
the red ones i textured with starting_lightr1_off.....2,3,4
and the green one starting_lightg_off

for every light i have a txt file called as the off light and in first line starting_light_r1_on.tga
one txt file for every texture.

i also tried in txt file without .tga but the same they don`t work.

Frank Hermann

December 19, 2011, 02:30:57 AM #162 Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 02:33:50 AM by Frank Hermann
I wouldnt say that one highres asphalt texture is a problem. Im using alot of high res textures with aplha channel and everything still looks fine in singelplayer. But im sure there will be a point where i have to reduce some texture resolutions, when im getting to a final version of my track. But for me its better to start with a high res version, which i can use in the future too.

Back to Tarmac, i would use one sqaure texture for the high res stones in 1024x1024 or 2048x2048 pixel and on top a second layer with a different mapping in resolution like 256x1024 or 256x2048 for the rubber and dirty look!

EVO

how do we put rubber ontop of the track.  its a shader right?  Does it tile or is it one tile and do you make it semi transparent?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Schwoni

How to get more fps? i have some crashes on track. i tried delete polygons, change HD textures to low res. deleted objects like chain and this round tree. but nothing change. Always same fps.
what can i do?