• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:01:40 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwoni

so we only have to crate the SHD file with name of the tamarc and put this in tga folder and also put the bump simple.tga also in tga folder export MAP and Done?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Schwoni on November 11, 2011, 04:17:02 PM
so we only have to crate the SHD file with name of the tamarc and put this in tga folder and also put the bump simple.tga also in tga folder export MAP and Done?

Yes.

Aritz

I did it but no changes... The problem has to be the bump texture and the alpha channel...

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 11, 2011, 04:23:47 PM
I did it but no changes... The problem has to be the bump texture and the alpha channel...

Is alpha channel white?

Aritz

No, by default my photoshop creates it red... I'll try with white, thx

EVO

Alpha should only ever be red when RBG channel is unhidden.  With just the alpha channel layer unhidden at oppacity 0 it should be black at 100% it is white.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Aritz

I tried using white alpha channel, I tried evo's file and nothing... With my bump texture, I have a nice rough tarmac texture but no dynamic drying... I am lost

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 11, 2011, 07:44:26 PM
I tried using white alpha channel, I tried evo's file and nothing... With my bump texture, I have a nice rough tarmac texture but no dynamic drying... I am lost

Have you generated the surface in TrackEd? Toolbar -> Surface -> Generate

Schwoni

Aritz

PiBoSo

The problem is not clear.
Do you see the bump on the asphalt? Do you see the shadows on the asphalt?
If the problem is the dynamic surface, then the normal map has nothing to do with it.
In TrackEd, have you saved the TRP file after generating the surface? Are you using the latest 3dsmax exporter?

Schwoni

we haven`t used the latest exporter :D so we give it a next try :)

PiBoSo

November 11, 2011, 08:46:30 PM #117 Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:50:58 PM by PiBoSo
Quote from: Schwoni on November 11, 2011, 08:34:58 PM
we haven`t used the latest exporter :D so we give it a next try :)

:D

Aritz

November 11, 2011, 08:52:44 PM #118 Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:55:59 PM by Aritz
bad news... no drying with new exporter :(

I have rough texture (like essay has) or if I use evo's file (plain texture) some kind of brightness below my kart (essay has the same "neon light effect").

Something has to be wrong in the created bump.tga file... Is my example ok?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T3KSEC1U

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on November 11, 2011, 08:52:44 PM
bad news... no drying with new exporter :(

I have rough texture (like essay has) or if I use evo's file (plain texture) some kind of brightness below my kart (essay has the same "neon light effect").

Something has to be wrong in the created bump.tga file... Is my example ok?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WV8HFKJM

Could you please upload the TRP and MAP files?