• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:47:03 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Track creation guide

Started by PiBoSo, September 17, 2010, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Ok thank you, I will do them again :)

Other question, you mentioned that I have to wait until the new beta2 for adjust track grip levels but I cant read nothing about it, how it works?

Schwoni

is it possible to test the marshalls without driving in krp? because then i need a second person.

Aritz

Why? I am using CK prefix for all those walls...

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on March 25, 2011, 08:16:51 PM

Why? I am using CK prefix for all those walls...

Please try using CK_ prefix for background trees, and no prefix for wire fences.

Aritz

Now is even worse, the fence disappears... Only is visible just on bright sides of the photos.
I tried every combination and always is the same, if I remove CK prefix on X wall, this wall is invisible, like if it is behind the other walls...

Maybe this helps: I can see the background trees through fence and bushes if I remove CK prefix.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on March 28, 2011, 07:18:06 PM
Now is even worse, the fence disappears... Only is visible just on bright sides of the photos.
I tried every combination and always is the same, if I remove CK prefix on X wall, this wall is invisible, like if it is behind the other walls...

Maybe this helps: I can see the background trees through fence and bushes if I remove CK prefix.

Are you using CK_ prefix on textures' name? Using it on objects has no effect.

Aritz

Yes:

CK_bush.tga
CK_tree.tga
CK_bush2.tga
CK_fence.tga

maybe they are too far each other? Or maybe is the darkness because of shadow of the trees? On brighter sides of the track, every texture, even fences, are OK

By the way, can we change sun position somehow?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Aritz on March 28, 2011, 07:32:45 PM
By the way, can we change sun position somehow?

During MAP export, you can set "Light Direction" with 3 fields that are X, Y and Z, where Y is up.
Also remember to set "sun_position" in AMB file to match direction.

Aritz

March 29, 2011, 08:52:51 PM #38 Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:39:40 PM by Aritz
How can I check Marshalls? I had edited CFG file, but even crashing the kart, they don't appear nowhere.

Schwoni

March 29, 2011, 09:25:30 PM #39 Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:46:17 PM by Schwoni
1. you have to unpack misc in KRP directory
2. open tracked -> load trp file -> View -> Marshalls -> models path: ( set path to unpacked marshalls folder, this is in misc folder)
3. Load Marshalls cfg file

Then you see the marshalls in tracked and you can edit the y value to your ground

On Track in krp you only see the marshalls when another driver crash, not by yourself crash

Aritz

Quote from: Schwoni on March 29, 2011, 09:25:30 PM
1. you have to unpack misc in KRP directory
2. open tracked -> load trp file -> View -> Marshalls -> models path: ( set path to unpacked marshalls folder, this is in misc folder)
3. Load Marshalls cfg file

Then you see the marshalls in tracked and you can edit the y value to your ground

How can I test them? I can see big balls on the track but no test like cameras. I dont really understand how it works... How can I edit Y value?

Schwoni

March 29, 2011, 09:52:24 PM #41 Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 10:01:00 PM by Schwoni
y Value you can edit in marshalls cfg textfile you have to try wich value is good. Change y value and save the cfg file then go to tracked and load again your cfg file and you see the changes.
In tracked when you have load the cfg file right click on a marshall and locate then you should see this marshall. He can be under the track or in air so you have to check you y value. But he should be on the big ball.
After every change from a value you have to reload cfg file to see the changes in tracked

It should look like in this picture:

PiBoSo

To move a marshal on the plane, use the Z key. To move it up and down, use the X key.

Aritz

Thank you

I think that camera limit doesn't work, even if I choose limits in the cameras, one camera is following the kart most of the time, ignoring completely its limits (from 19 to 80)

Other question, which is the use for Y rotation if the camera is normal type? Like I said before, the camera rotates 360ยบ if it needs to (i tried some values, high and low and nothing changes)

Aritz

By the way, z x and c keys doesn't work for me nor in camera control nor in marshall. I tried everything, moving mouse while pushing keys, only keys, keys and cursors, in edit menu, in test menu...