• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:20:07 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Starting Setup / Setup Guide

Started by Nathan Dunnett, November 10, 2011, 06:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herabrasil

amazing topic m8...  it helps a lot!!
Herá moraes
Brazilian kart racer

EVO

can you change the setup to Beta 6 standard
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Nathan Dunnett

I'm still yet to try B6, my internet is really crappy at the moment but it resets in a few days so I'll download it then and redo the setup. I plan on making a loose setup and a tight setup this time.

EVO

i did like 50 laps today and the default setup was really good. I am eager to to see how you improve it and get the loose and tight handling characterisitcs.

Nathan Dunnett

Did a few laps today, is it just me or have the tyres changed? Do not like the way the kart handles at the moment, I can't seem to get any balance into it with setup either. It has an unbelievable push on entry, which leads to giving too much lock, which then makes it slide out on exit. It's almost like the chassis is cracked or something. I think the sidewalls of the tyres are too stiff, I'll try to figure it out and get a setup but I didn't make much ground on the default setup. On the plus side, the KZ shifting is fixed. :D

ParkourAsh_CM

Just like to say i use this setup with Carb 3 works pretty smoothly :)

EVO

PiBoSo the seat horizontal is measured from the front of the kart? becasue 64cm is about 2' or 24"

Nathan Dunnett

Quote from: ^^ SpOOnziLLa ^^ on March 13, 2013, 01:36:46 PM
That's pretty amazing, I wrote that a year ago on an old version of the game. :D I'm downloading beta 8 now, I might make a new setup and guide next week.

Nathan Dunnett

Here is my setup for KF1 at Lonato that did a 42.7 second lap time.

Brakes
Front: 20% (didn't use them anyway)
Rear: 78%

Engine
Idle: 25
Carburetor: 3
Radiator Cover: 35%

Chassis
Rear axle: 50mm - soft
Front bar: vertical
Front crash bar: tight
Mid bar: out
Side pod bars: loose
Rear bar: out
Rear crash bar: loose

Seat
Horizontal: 57.0 cm
Vertical: 1.0 cm
Stays: 2

Drivetrain
Front: 12
Rear: 82

Steer
Ratio: max
Ackermann: max

Front
Caster: 16
Camber: -7
Pressure: 0.75/0.75 bar
Ride height: 3.0 cm
Toe out: 4
Track width: 1220 mm

Rear
Pressure: 0.65/0.70 bar
Ride height: 3.0 cm
Track width: 1390 mm

It is a fairly loose setup, I'll post a more stable setup suitable for racing later and after I test at more tracks I'll update the setup guide. Until then only some of the setup guide is accurate, and I would start from this setup instead of the one in the first post.

ParkourAsh_CM

Quote from: Nathan Dunnett on March 22, 2013, 04:33:36 PM
Quote from: ^^ SpOOnziLLa ^^ on March 13, 2013, 01:36:46 PM
That's pretty amazing, I wrote that a year ago on an old version of the game. :D I'm downloading beta 8 now, I might make a new setup and guide next week.
aha! nicee man! hope to race with ya some day :D

Sam Flintham

tried this and it has worked well gained 1 and a half seconds (but i'm still pretty shit)

Leonardo Ratafia

March 31, 2013, 09:08:27 PM #26 Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 01:20:25 AM by Leonardo Ratafia
very nice setup, a bit loose like you said but comfortable.
thanks for sharing!
this setup should apply well to other karts aswell?

Edit: this setup is amazing, it should be the default for the game, you can control the car much better, feel the oversteering and drift a bit and not spin inmediatly

thanks a lot Nathan!

Leonardo Ratafia

just one question, is this a typo?

Engine
Idle: 25 <-------- probably would be 2?

Nathan Dunnett

Not a typo, higher idle makes it more stable off throttle. I think I should lower it though to make it rotate better in the low speed stuff. The setup will work on other karts to an extent but you will need to change it a bit, gearing and carby settings will probably be different but most things should transfer fine. For a KF3 setup, try the one I posted in this thread because it is on different tyres.

Leonardo Ratafia

ok, thanks, i didn´t go so high in the idle option, but after i tried again it was ok.
so far i tried this setup and works with most of the karts, of course the gear ratio is something that depends on the track.
thanks again, this setup made me love the game again :) i will try the other setup aswell for kf3