• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:02:43 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Dallas Karting Complex

Started by cnt997, November 08, 2011, 11:28:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnt997

Can someone that has the skills to convert from rfactor please do this track. I dont have the skills or a program to do this. Its a relativly new track on rfactor and a ton of fun.

Hansen24

Ill do it if i can get permission from the original author :D
Driver for G.P Racing denmark
KZ2

cnt997

alright i dont know who did it ill find out

Hansen24

Ive just gotten permission to convert it... Im currently working on Xplex but i have run into some problems with textures turning up in the middle of the track.....
KZ2

cnt997

Hansen24

Its going forward :D i havent had time this week because of work ;(
KZ2

cnt997

no problem, thank you for doing it for me most people just say do it yourself

Hansen24

Its the pleasure of making people happy by seing something they want in game ;D
KZ2

cnt997

how long do these conversions take? im thinking about trying to learn how to do it myself so i dont have to ask people. :D

Nitrox

Give it a try, it's not too hard, just takes a bit of time. There is a very good tutorial too!

EVO

they dont take long but the process is tedious. extremely repeditive. lots of reformating and renaming. I've been taking extra long with mine because I have updated many things. Rumble strips, pit lane, banners, powerlines, background buildings, spectators, tents, trucks, vans all this can make it very  time consuming.  If you have a question feel free to ask the people here are nice and knowledgeable.
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

PiBoSo

Quote from: evo1087 on December 01, 2011, 01:22:21 PM
they dont take long but the process is tedious. extremely repeditive. lots of reformating and renaming. I've been taking extra long with mine because I have updated many things. Rumble strips, pit lane, banners, powerlines, background buildings, spectators, tents, trucks, vans all this can make it very  time consuming.  If you have a question feel free to ask the people here are nice and knowledgeable.

Isn't it possible to merge all the same-material objects and do a single rename ( for example, merge all asphalt objects into one and rename it as TRKASPH )?

EVO

December 01, 2011, 01:38:34 PM #12 Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 02:02:35 PM by evo1087
I was refereing to the first step of chanigng .dds to .tga  should have been more specific. Some rfactor tracks are difficult to merge asphalt objects becuase the object has polygons not part of the track surface. So you have to go into modifiers select the individual polygons and rename them.

To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Hansen24

Ive been so caught up on work in real life.. so i havent had the time to finish the conversion ;( but im gonna use the most of my evening to finish it today :D
KZ2

Schwoni

Quote from: evo1087 on December 01, 2011, 01:38:34 PM
I was refereing to the first step of chanigng .dds to .tga  should have been more specific. Some rfactor tracks are difficult to merge asphalt objects becuase the object has polygons not part of the track surface. So you have to go into modifiers select the individual polygons and rename them.

i think piboso means: that u can attatch all asph objects to one so u only have to rename one asph object this u can do with all same named objects. Modify->Attatch-> mark all objects that have the same name just click on same named materials
if u have a track where are all materials together also use modify -> click on that material where u wanna cut something ->this red triangle (face) -> and mark this kurbs for example if u have click detatch and rename.