• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 05:21:45 PM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Connection timeout

Started by Hansen24, November 05, 2011, 12:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hansen24

Hi when im trying to join a server witch is not a dedicated server i often get connection timeout. the weird thing is just that there are other player hosted i can join

Any ideas?
Driver for G.P Racing denmark
KZ2

PiBoSo

Many servers are hosted behind a router that doesn't allow direct connections.
Kart Racing Pro uses a work-around algorithm, that unfortunately doesn't always succeed.
Are you using a router?

Hansen24

yeah but it just weird that some people can join my server and some cant
Driver for G.P Racing denmark
KZ2

Lims Chebbi

Hi all,

I just got the game and tryed to join some servers and had the same problem, connection timeout :o
I though what a shame, its a good game and can t race online, don t know what the issue is. Ive got a router for info. If you guys come up with any solution, pls let me know, thx ;)

dibu

Make sure that kart.exe is not blocked by the windows firewall or your antivirus- /internet security package.

For your tests use the bierbuden servers, they should work.

Lims Chebbi

Quote from: dibu on November 06, 2011, 08:51:04 AM
Make sure that kart.exe is not blocked by the windows firewall or your antivirus- /internet security package.

For your tests use the bierbuden servers, they should work.

Now it works wich is good but strange, because i haven t changed anything or done anything different than yesterday, its all good now ;D
Thx for the help :)

backwardsbanana

Ok, sorry for bringing up an old topic, but I've had the same problem for quite a while now. My .exe file is not blocked by anything, everything should be working. I had the same problem in beta3. But the weird thing is that I haven't always had it. It came in the middle of the beta3 I think. I couldn't get the game to work and because of that I grew apart from the game, but now I would want to try the beta4 online, but cant.
Soooo... long story short, any other fixes for the connection timeout error?
PS: While playing MW3 it says NAT:Strict, has the NAT thing anything to do with KRP?

dibu

November 21, 2011, 09:00:22 PM #7 Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:06:11 PM by dibu
Sorry, not easy to guess, what's your problem.

Is your ISP (internet service provider) blocking non-standard ports? (I saw this in some countries)
Did you try the bierbuden servers?
Do you use a new Router or did you install any security software (new firewall, antivirus with internet security...)?
Is kart.exe allowed by the windows Firewall?

Something technical:
NAT (Network Address Translation) is completely normal if you use a router.
NAT:Strict is a Microsoft invention and simply says that your incoming ports are closed (standard for a NAT-Router) and they can't be opened by a mechanism like UPNP.
For a KRP-client the outgoing ports UPD 10600 + UDP 10610 must be open and it must be able to communicate on these ports with master.kartracing-pro.com.
A port forwarding of these ports to your pc is necessary if you want to host a KRP-server.

backwardsbanana

Well the thing is that I haven't bought anything related to the internet or the virus protection. My kart.exe isn't blocked by anything. Lately I talked to my Internet provider and I told them to open my ports and they said they did it, although my NAT was still showing up as strict. Maybe I should make a call to them again, to check if my ports are open?

dibu

November 22, 2011, 08:50:38 PM #9 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:02:05 PM by dibu
Could you test KRP on a second pc in your LAN (same router)? 
It could help to see whether your pc or the router/ISP is causing the the problem.
The pc has not to be fast, just enough to run KRP and connect a to a dedicated server.