• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:32:17 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

layout objects collidable

Started by escartiz, March 12, 2023, 11:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

escartiz

Is it possible to make models added by layout collidable?

LXS77

Quote from: escartiz on March 12, 2023, 11:21:51 PMIs it possible to make models added by layout collidable?
The objects added via LYT file are all collidable by default.

escartiz

Quote from: LXS77 on March 12, 2023, 11:27:48 PM
Quote from: escartiz on March 12, 2023, 11:21:51 PMIs it possible to make models added by layout collidable?
The objects added via LYT file are all collidable by default.

I am testing with a cone, a haybale, even a marshal and I can drive through them :-\

LXS77

Quote from: escartiz on March 13, 2023, 05:09:41 AMI am testing with a cone, a haybale, even a marshal and I can drive through them :-\

Hmm, never had a problem with them tbh. The objects' material properties are stored in objs.cfg file together with the EDF models. Can you check that file? It should contain lines like 'material = haybale', 'material = plastic', etc.

BTW, marshals are probably non-collidable (need to check though, normally I don't use them) as they don't have a material assigned to them, cones will slow you down, but you can still drive through them and the haybale should definitely stop you.

escartiz

Quote from: LXS77 on March 13, 2023, 01:08:23 PM
Quote from: escartiz on March 13, 2023, 05:09:41 AMI am testing with a cone, a haybale, even a marshal and I can drive through them :-\

Hmm, never had a problem with them tbh. The objects' material properties are stored in objs.cfg file together with the EDF models. Can you check that file? It should contain lines like 'material = haybale', 'material = plastic', etc.

BTW, marshals are probably non-collidable (need to check though, normally I don't use them) as they don't have a material assigned to them, cones will slow you down, but you can still drive through them and the haybale should definitely stop you.

I checked the file and I can see material = haybale, tire, plastic. For cones soft = 2 but nothing stops me. I have tested tire stacks, barriers and tyrewall and I can still go through them.I most be doing something wrong.

Is not a big deal, I can still use them for visible referance to know which way to go with different track configurations and put what defenitly has to be collidables inside the track map

LXS77

Just out of curiosity, I've PM-ed you a link to a test track with LYT objects. Please check it out.