• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

Bug in Amsterdam indoor Track since Beta 4?

Started by tubefactor, November 04, 2011, 09:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubefactor

Hi All,
Last night I drove for the first time since installing B4 on the A'dam indoor track.
Although it was a test session I suffered some lag which strange enough happens on 2 positions on the track each and every lap on exact the same positions.

The first position is about 10m after the start / finish line and the second position is entering the righthander (at the bridge part) after the hairpin.
Especially this one is annoying because the short lag here makes it that you are not able to master the cornering.
So all in all I can not drive anymore on one of my favorites  :'(

My question is if this is indeed a bug or an issue on my computer. Therefore can somebody pleasse do a test if he suffers the same problem?
That would be very helpfull for me in trying to understand the rootcause.

Problem occurs with all karts and during test session and host sessions...

Thank you in advance

Grz
Tubefactor
When it looks fast it usually goes fast....

nmpcs

I have the same problem. As a matter of fact I quit driving that track because of that.
My computer is old although it meets the system requirements. It's a P4 3.0Ghz 2.5Gb RAM with an ATI 512mb graphic card running on windows 7 x86.
I also have another bug. The Ellough track is always pit full even when I select practise.

nmpcs

I tested the Amsterdam indoor in other pc's with the new beta 4b.
Here's their specifications:

1- Dual Core 1.66Ghz, 4Gb RAM with a 128mb GForce 7300 GO  and windows 7 x86 (it's a laptop)
2- Core 2 duo 2.50Ghz, 2Gb RAM with a 256mb GForce 8600 GT and windows 7 x86

These computers along with the one I posted before have the same slowdows in the same places, so what I did was install both beta 3b and beta 4b in the same computer, that way when I want to play that track I'll go for the 3b version. For the rest I'll stick with the 4b.  :)

tubefactor

Hi nmpcs
Brilliant solution, I did not realise that it's possible to install both version's on 1 computer.
What about the PiBoSo file under Documents, is that file now serving both versions?

BTW my Spec's:
Intel Core 2 Quad at 2.40GHz, 4GB RAM with AMD HD6870 with 1024mb and windows Vista 32 bit.
Avarage framerate 75 FPS (Also at A'dam Indoor under B4.... :-\)

Again thanks for your support
When it looks fast it usually goes fast....

nmpcs

Your system spec are way over the requirements, so your computer is not the problem.

As for the Piboso file under documents, I think it fits any version. (at least I don't have a single problem)
The only thing is the settings...
...when you change them in one of the versions it'll change in the other version too.

Oh... I think I had to recalibrate my steering wheel

I hope it helps :)

dibu

I don't want to spoil the party, but I would be careful (there were many problems between beta2 and beta3 with this mix).

- Are you sure about the common use of setups?
- Are the setups working in both versions? Also, if you change a beta4 setup in beta3 or vice versa?

E.g. maximum front and rear width and seat values have changed and beta4 has additional setup values.

nmpcs

Everything is working fine.
You can setup as you normally would.
As for the beta 4 setup change in beta 3 it won't happen, because the only track I play in beta 3 is Am'dam indoor and I don't have it in beta 4 so it won't mix

dibu

If the track is only in one of the betas, it could work.

nmpcs

Yeah. That's what I'm talking about. I didn't want to mix anything so the tracks available in version 3b are off the 4b version.
Of course it still could be a problem, but so far so good.