• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 09:32:06 AM

News:

Kart Racing Pro release13e available! :)

Kart Racing Pro beta4

Started by PiBoSo, October 30, 2011, 07:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EVO

what is the tk/crg name for steering wheel centers to complete steering wheel paint jobs?
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

PiBoSo

Quote from: evo1087 on October 31, 2011, 10:42:05 PM
what is the tk/crg name for steering wheel centers to complete steering wheel paint jobs?

It's not a dedicated texture. It has been packed with many other metal parts.

PiBoSo

It's surprising there are no questions about the revised interface. For example the new tyre sets management is quite complex. Is everything clear?

Schwoni

everything is clear i only wanna know what is ackermann :) that question i have since beta 1 ^^

oppolo

Quote from: Schwoni on November 01, 2011, 12:23:03 AM
everything is clear i only wanna know what is ackermann :) that question i have since beta 1 ^^

http://www.advancedracing.com/products2.php?prod=kartchassissetup
A kart (mostly) uses Ackerman effect (in conjunction with caster angle and scrub radius) to increase the inside front wheel's downward movement (by making it turn substantially more than the outside front), in order to unload the inside rear wheel at turn-in. Some karts have adjustable Ackerman, involving the use of different length tie-rods, and mounting them in different holes on the steering arms and / or Pitman arm (the arm to which the tie-rods attach on the steering column).

Schwoni

ok thx and which values we have between min std and max?

oppolo

Quote from: Schwoni on November 01, 2011, 12:57:11 AM
ok thx and which values we have between min std and max?

there are only 3 settings, min, standard and full
http://gokarthandling.com/files/80/File/20-27_lock.pdf
i feel better with ackerman MIN in tracks with fast turns

Bruno Saboia

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 31, 2011, 11:33:27 PM

It's surprising there are no questions about the revised interface. For example the new tyre sets management is quite complex. Is everything clear?

Actually, I haven't used that yet, but as soon as I race with limited tyre set, I will post here my impressions. But it seems simple enough...
"Racing, competing, is in my blood. Is part of me, part of my life".

-Ayrton Senna

Bruno Saboia

There is one more thing. When you try to send your setup, the other peer get a fresh Default setup. This bug was also present in the last version, but it was only sometimes that it happened. In this new version, I could not manage to receive/send a single setup without this bug.

-Ayrton Senna

EVO

schwoni reported this in the bug section
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

Thomas Lemoult

Just a question for me, what are the O, M, I points in tyres ? I know that the white column represents the wear, but I don't know what significate the points ... ( I don't really have the habitude to use this tool in setups .. )

Bruno Saboia

Quote from: Thomas Lemoult on November 01, 2011, 08:45:37 AM
Just a question for me, what are the O, M, I points in tyres ? I know that the white column represents the wear, but I don't know what significate the points ... ( I don't really have the habitude to use this tool in setups .. )

Its the temp for the (O)utside, (Middle) and (I)nside parts of the tyre.

-Ayrton Senna

PiBoSo

November 01, 2011, 10:00:03 AM #44 Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 10:05:35 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: DmitryRUS on November 01, 2011, 09:51:07 AM
:(
gallery http://postimage.org/gallery/14r1jick/

Thank you for the screenshots ( especially the third  :) ).
To save memory, CPU, GPU and network bandwidth, dynamic surface has been enabled only on the racing "strip".