• Welcome to Kart Racing Pro Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 12:09:44 PM

News:

Please read the FORUM RULES

Kart Racing Pro beta4

Started by PiBoSo, October 30, 2011, 07:31:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aritz

Amazing update! Stable, improved interface, improved physics, new features...

I don't understand the thermostat problem. With or without it, we do have to be carefull with the engine temp, don't we? With it the engine gets the temp fast and without it, the engine is colder at the begginnig until all the water of the radiator warms.

By the way, I think the temperature affects too much to the engine. It looses too much power too early. It is very common to have more than 60º (even 70º!) on summer and the performance is not so affected.

Anyway, this a big step for KRP. Very good job!

intre

The KZ2 engine loses power at about 55°C

Intrepid // TM // Dunlop (KZ2)

Oelfuss

Thanks for the new build.

I have updated the bierbuden servers to beta4, have fun.

Cheers Oelfuß

ps. If you want to change settings on bierbuden_1, use "krp" as admin password.

EVO

Let everyone know Beta 4 is out at the top right of the forum  :D
To download all my dashes, airboxes, tracks, and more
click here or see my personal website

tubefactor

Hi PIBOSO
Thx for the new release.
I like the UNIPRO chrono.
Also all add on's as Tracks and Paints are still working...

Thanks again and keep on the great work

Cheers
Tubefactor
When it looks fast it usually goes fast....

Bruno Saboia

I can't hide the steering wheel in this new version. If I mark driver off, the driver disappear OK. But if i mark to disable the wheel, the wheel is shown but without the Alfano (don't know the correct name in english, is the device on the center of the wheel which shows RPM and other info).

What should I do?
"Racing, competing, is in my blood. Is part of me, part of my life".

-Ayrton Senna

PiBoSo

Quote from: Bruno Saboia on October 30, 2011, 11:58:50 PM
I can't hide the steering wheel in this new version. If I mark driver off, the driver disappear OK. But if i mark to disable the wheel, the wheel is shown but without the Alfano (don't know the correct name in english, is the device on the center of the wheel which shows RPM and other info).

What should I do?

Sorry, it's a new bug  :-[
Steering wheel is only hidden for KC3.

eddiespag

What do you mean by "Dynamic Track Surface" (new)?  Thank you for this beautiful gem!

Schwoni

First this new beta is soo awesome :) this dynamic track surface work perfect, the new setup and tire pressure simulation work very good. Tires don`t overheat so it is now possible to drive more laps than 5 :) Driving in rain feels much more realistic, the difference between cold and hot tires i feel better. So all in one it is really a big step. There is only a small problem. To see the track a bit faster dry i drove with 38° air temp there the problem is that all engines loose much power from 55 ° and more i drove with 0% cover up and have had 63° all the time so it was impossible to drive fast because the engine only get in rpm. limiter in the first 2 laps after this it was really slow. I think 55 ° isn`t too hot for an engine. the game crashed 1 time ( this kart.exe) touching another kart is still a bit too much effect but we know that`s a netcode problem so it is ok. if we drive in wet it start sometimes lagging so i tested on another PC with 2gb graphic card and it was the same but it is only sometimes bad while u are in a corner :) anyway it is a big step and very amazing. Very good work :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: eddiespag on October 31, 2011, 03:54:33 AM
What do you mean by "Dynamic Track Surface" (new)?  Thank you for this beautiful gem!

It means that tires will leave rubber on the track ( only where the karts drive, nothing is pre-calculated ). Groove gives more grip on dry track, and less on wet track.
It also means that, if you start on a wet track with sunny or cloudy conditions, the track surface will get dry, faster where the karts drive. And vice-versa for a dry track when it starts raining.

Racehard

Quote from: Schwoni on October 31, 2011, 08:43:21 AM
First this new beta is soo awesome :) this dynamic track surface work perfect, the new setup and tire pressure simulation work very good. Tires don`t overheat so it is now possible to drive more laps than 5 :) Driving in rain feels much more realistic, the difference between cold and hot tires i feel better. So all in one it is really a big step. There is only a small problem. To see the track a bit faster dry i drove with 38° air temp there the problem is that all engines loose much power from 55 ° and more i drove with 0% cover up and have had 63° all the time so it was impossible to drive fast because the engine only get in rpm. limiter in the first 2 laps after this it was really slow. I think 55 ° isn`t too hot for an engine. the game crashed 1 time ( this kart.exe) touching another kart is still a bit too much effect but we know that`s a netcode problem so it is ok. if we drive in wet it start sometimes lagging so i tested on another PC with 2gb graphic card and it was the same but it is only sometimes bad while u are in a corner :) anyway it is a big step and very amazing. Very good work :)

+1
And I also love, the transition between dry and wet areas. All in all a really great improvement.

And the new steering wheel template is awesome. Thank you very much.

Racehard

PiBoSo, do the wind settings strongly influence the track drying speed?
Is it just me? Or did the track really dry up way faster with max wind, compared to low wind both at sunny weather 38° but wet track ? That would be more than great :D

Another thing, are currently all servers down?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Racehard on October 31, 2011, 11:53:39 AM
PiBoSo, do the wind settings strongly influence the track drying speed?
Is it just me? Or did the track really dry up way faster with max wind, compared to low wind both at sunny weather 38° but wet track ? That would be more than great :D

Another thing, are currently all servers down?

At the moment wind doesn't affect drying speed.

Master server is down. There are problems on the host.

PiBoSo

October 31, 2011, 12:14:13 PM #28 Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 04:00:26 PM by PiBoSo
Master server, databases, statistics and emails should be back now.

Bruno Saboia

Quote from: PiBoSo on October 31, 2011, 12:09:15 AM
Quote from: Bruno Saboia on October 30, 2011, 11:58:50 PM

What should I do?

Sorry, it's a new bug  :-[
Steering wheel is only hidden for KC3.

Thanks, PiBoSo. Can you fix that, please? I find it very annoying to race with wheel on, since I base my moves on the actual wheel I'm turning, not the game one.
"Racing, competing, is in my blood. Is part of me, part of my life".

-Ayrton Senna